Spare Wheel Tool Kit Foam - will mine fit?

Dubjam

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Solutions
Reaction score
I have the useless spare wheel tool kit air compressor setup.

Im wanting to buy an 18" space saver, so I have a spare wheel.

Does anyone know if my foam kit, will fit inside the wheel? or do I need the one specifically for the spare wheel placement?

Attachments

• tool.jpg
    tool.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 177
If it fits use it. Mine has a foam tray surrounding the wheel well, maybe because it's a facelift or Quattro.

If it fits use it. Mine has a foam tray surrounding the wheel well, maybe because it's a facelift or Quattro.

Yes, my question is, will it fit?! lol.

Quattro is different and has the foam tray around it, otherwise I would of nicked the spare wheel out of it before I sold it.

Id rather not buy a wheel, to then i find i have to buy the foam, if i can get away with just a wheel.

HENCE ASKING THE QUESTION TO OTHERS THAT KNOW THE ANSWER.

If you cant help, you cant help.

The tray won't fit in the wheel as it goes where the space saver goes. The central pillar and nut holds the spare down. Don't think you can fit the wheel upside down with the foam in it as it will be proud of the boot floor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks dude, would be massively appreciated, even a measure of the wheel aperture would probably tell me if it can fit or not to be honest.

d78e6ed2c9e71aa92e2d77970719a7b2.jpg

Wheel in

8a9a94930558f93f45a951730f6fb188.jpg

Wheel out

bdd9dd72303e1101e9cda56b88c5d897.jpg

Inside of wheel.

If your foam fills the wheel well it won't fit in the wheel. The hole in the wheel is not easy to measure but you should be able to judge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah yours is a Quattro...completely different unfortunately! but yes I get your thinking, so its unlikely it will fit as it does fit the wheel well pretty snuggly

The tools don't have to go in a foam tray. You could make up a tool roll for them so they fit snugly in the well with the wheel. I wouldn' t ever be without a spare wheel of some sort.