Facelift Insurance renewal costs

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
With all the scare stories on the internet etc about increases in car insurance premiums of around £100 I was pleasantly surprised today to get a renewal notice from Aviva for 5 May only £1.98 more than I paid last year.

Reactions: rnm37, richinsoton, Steelster and 3 others
Result!

I got my insurance within about the same margin, but had to haggle, reduce the mileage (which was fine as I have dramatically reduced that anyway) and kick Miss Eskimo off it (again fine, as she refuses to drive it anyway!).

Reactions: richinsoton, Scottyg, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Just sorted my renewal
and my monthly has gone from £190 PM
(2016 vw polo gti)

And now I pay £102 PM on my S3 ! Happy days!

Reactions: richinsoton, Joe4842, Scottyg and 1 other person
Yeah today I transferred the insurance from a Vauxhall Astra to the a4 s line that I collect tomorrow !
No fee to change as it's due to end in two weeks!

Then the insured for next year for £200 less than the Astra

Reactions: richinsoton and Scottyg
My insurance company want £128 more for renewal, time to change insurance company asap

Reactions: richinsoton, Scottyg and Audi Bairn
With all the scare stories on the internet etc about increases in car insurance premiums of around £100 I was pleasantly surprised today to get a renewal notice from Aviva for 5 May only £1.98 more than I paid last year.

without trying to put a downer on it, it would have increased more than £1.98 as you have gained 1yr on top of your original no claims bonus from last years no claims. How to calculate the +1yr no claims bonus on what you already had i don't know but it could be that its gone up the £100 figure.

Result!

I got my insurance within about the same margin, but had to haggle, reduce the mileage (which was fine as I have dramatically reduced that anyway) and kick Miss Eskimo off it (again fine, as she refuses to drive it anyway!).

Going to take my Mrs off my renewal if it makes it cheaper, she rarely drives it and never wants to and the few times she has she leaves me a nervous wreck!!!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Scottyg and Audi Bairn
Going to take my Mrs off my renewal if it makes it cheaper, she rarely drives it and never wants to and the few times she has she leaves me a nervous wreck!!!

Lol plenty of confidence in her driving then...!

Yea this was with admiral. They told me on a new policy named drivers lower the premium, while on renewals, removing named drivers lower the premium.

No idea if that is BS or how it works but I've given up trying to understand insurance...!

Reactions: richinsoton
No idea if that is BS or how it works but I've given up trying to understand insurance...!

I worked with a specific insurance company for a year and insurance has no logic! They paid a chap out who wanted a panel replacing rather than repairing after at least 3 engineers said it was repairable, cost twice the amount of the repair! That would have then been passed on to their policy holder, all because they couldn't grow a pair and say no.

Reactions: Jassyo06
without trying to put a downer on it, it would have increased more than £1.98 as you have gained 1yr on top of your original no claims bonus from last years no claims. How to calculate the +1yr no claims bonus on what you already had i don't know but it could be that its gone up the £100 figure.
Yes but I am already on the maximum of 9 years NCB and I have had protected NCB for a number of years so the extra years NCB would have made no difference at all to this year's premium. I could save a further £41.00 if I decided not to have the Protected NCB but would be rather foolish. My wife is also included on my policy and I am on hers.

Reactions: richinsoton and Ormesome

Her driving is not so bad, but its the little bad habits when driving my "baby" that bug yje hell out of me like riding the clutch, and driving far to close to the kerb.....lol

Reactions: Joe4842 and Jassyo06
Yes but I am already on the maximum of 9 years NCB and I have had protected NCB for a number of years so the extra years NCB would have made no difference at all to this year's premium. I could save a further £41.00 if I decided not to have the Protected NCB but would be rather foolish. My wife is also included on my policy and I am on hers.

Ah i see fair enough... :salute:

Yea this was with admiral. They told me on a new policy named drivers lower the premium, while on renewals, removing named drivers lower the premium.

They said the same to me a few years ago - took my mum and dad off at renewal and it lowered :)

Been looking at quotes for new RS4 range between £1220 and £292. Less than my current RS3. Why???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been looking at quotes for new RS4 range between £1220 and £292. Less than my current RS3. Why???

Because there’s no statistics on the new ones yet like how many have been stolen or written off etc or used in crimes. Unlike the Rs3 which ticks all them boxes as they have plenty of stats to back it up.

Because there’s no statistics on the new ones yet like how many have been stolen or written off etc or used in crimes. Unlike the Rs3 which ticks all them boxes as they have plenty of stats to back it up.
Why was my new S3 saloon £150 cheaper to insure the my S3 sportback then

Cause saloons are driven by old men

Knew just knew ye wid come oot way something original and unheard off ever before lol one day young Padawan you too will succumb to the force of the Saloon lol

Reactions: BarryG79
Knew just knew ye wid come oot way something original and unheard off ever before lol one day young Padawan you too will succumb to the force of the Saloon lol

Naw more than likely be a man with kids estate first lol

Naw more than likely be a man with kids estate first lol

Estate.....*** a SUV ye mean bet ye lease wan e them next,a Audi SQ2 go on go on, ye know ye want one lol released this summer mate should be a looker with the 4 cannons at the rear and go like stink....lol but *** not in white lol

Estate.....*** a SUV ye mean bet ye lease wan e them next,a Audi SQ2 go on go on, ye know ye want one lol released this summer mate should be a looker with the 4 cannons at the rear and go like stink....lol but *** not in white lol

The Mrs has an SUV already so not needing another lol

But an SQ5 did drive past me the other morning and sounded the business

The Mrs has an SUV already so not needing another lol

But an SQ5 did drive past me the other morning and sounded the business

And is the price of them as well heavy cars heavy on tyres and fuel

Who needs an SUV? Chelsea tractors or school run cars. You can't beat a decent Estate car if you need room for luggage, kids or dogging.

Naw lol but l can dish out great advice but definitely not great at taking it lol

Reactions: T-800
My renewal quote came back over a grand more expensive. I kindly refused that offer

It came down to renewal time and I'm a bit shocked to see how the prices have gone up. I did quote for my stock 2017 S3 Saloon and the price (£980) is higher than same year M135i (2016), T-Roc R (2019) or even S4 Avant (2017)... Is S3 higher risk than others mentioned?

I'm 35, 9 years NCB

It came down to renewal time and I'm a bit shocked to see how the prices have gone up. I did quote for my stock 2017 S3 Saloon and the price (£980) is higher than same year M135i (2016), T-Roc R (2019) or even S4 Avant (2017)... Is S3 higher risk than others mentioned?

I'm 35, 9 years NCB
I'm in the process of renewing mine and the broker said that the S3, Golf R, RS3 are getting stolen a lot now hence the price increase.

I found my renewal premium had jumped when it arrived in February, so shopped around, and could not get a significantly better deal. It had jumped from £214 to £287. I did question the increase as I'd made a claim last year following somebody reversing into me, but was told prices across the board had jumped significantly.

Colin

I found my renewal premium had jumped when it arrived in February, so shopped around, and could not get a significantly better deal. It had jumped from £214 to £287. I did question the increase as I'd made a claim last year following somebody reversing into me, but was told prices across the board had jumped significantly.

Colin
I'd be more than happy to pay £287 for my insurance to be honest. Didn't manage to go lower than £784 for basic cover.
No idea how you guys get those prices unless you drive Yaris with 1,000 as annual mileage, age 50+ and live in the middle of nowhere with maximum NCB :D I never managed to pay less than £650. I even changed my EU licence to the UK one.

Sent from my XQ-CT54 using Tapatalk

I must confess to being 62, retired, full no claims and living in rural Devon. Having said that, my 2021-22 policy had a Merseyside postal code and was £225. My wife pays £149 for a VW Up with myself and our 30 year old farmer son is on.
I did make an at fault claim in 1985 when I put a 3 month old Volvo sideways into a brick gate pillar. It mad a mess. Since then I've had no at/my fault claims.
Getting older does have some advantages, but I've been told that at 70 premiums can start to go up. I wonder if my wife would notice if I swapped to an S3 before it's to late for me to afford the premiums.

Colin

Hi.
If anyone needs any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Im with Aviva, my insurance renewal for my newly bought 2015 Audi S3 Sportback was the same as my previous Audi A4 2.0 TDI S-Line at €310.. i'm 70 years old ... driving 53 years, no accidents.. cheap enough.. :thumbs up:

Hi.
If anyone needs any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
Hi Dan,

My insurance is due soon so I'm after a quote for my modified A6 please? Do i need to speak to you or just call the number online?

Thanks

Hi Dan,

My insurance is due soon so I'm after a quote for my modified A6 please? Do i need to speak to you or just call the number online?

Thanks

Hi Gudero,

Give the club insurance team a call on 0800 916 1288 and they will look into it for you.

Thanks
Dan