Newbie with rear brake upgrade question

Ant76

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm looking to upgrade the rear calipers and was wondering if there were any calipers from the Audi family that would directly work with the factory electronic park brake?

I'm looking for a light weight alloy Brembo like 6 or 4 pot caliper. I have read somewhere the 4 pot Audi R8 GT CC 4 pot calipers work with bigger rotors and appropriate carriers but not sure of the part numbers or if the factory park brake will still function.

Or any other suggestions are welcome of course.

Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Nardo007
Why do you want bigger Calipers?

Aoon has fitted rear r8 setup but I'm sure he fitted desperate hand brake. Have a look in his thread.

Am sure Tom wriggly racing does rear kits for ours worth a look he has a thread in this section

Reactions: tomwrigleyperformance and 45bvtc
I am interested in the same thing. Not because of size but the looks.
The stock oem rear caliper is not nice to look at at all compared to the front.

If you look at the Porsche Macan rear caliper it has a much nicer design.
20170501 093714

What do you think? Is it possible?

Not sure the Macan calipers would be a direct fit - I rather doubt it. It might require some new brackets to be machined up, but yes, if you know what you are doing they could be made to fit. They might even recognise the Audi EPB signals, but if not, I am sure someone somewhere is able to break into the electronics and sort it out!

Only my opinion, but more of an eyesore is the rear disc. It should from an aesthetic view be much larger. May I suggest you'd be better channelling your concerns and money into an RS7 conversion. You can get a kit for this from Tom Wrigley - see his thread on brake conversions above.

Reactions: A3SBQ
Yes TomW kit is on the list to. But really want a different caliper design too.

What about these caliper from Facelift RS7.
Found this picture on Aaron's thread with 356x32mm ceramic disc.
IMG 5486

You could consider the new product from D2.
I am considering these for a Mercedes I have to match up with the large D2 caliper on the fronts.
I am not exactly sure how they iterface with the EPB electrics but I am waiting for more instructions from D2.
http://www.d2-racing.it/prodotti/freni/epb_caliper.asp

Reactions: A3SBQ
Thanks Hal Adams. Looks cool but would rather use the OEM parts. Do not need more pistons.

I'm pretty sure the RS7 calliper is the swap that everybody is doing?

Would be interesting to know the bolt pattern and piston size on the RS7 caliper

I'm pretty sure the RS7 calliper is the swap that everybody is doing?
No - the swap is uswing the discs from the RS7 but using the existing caliper. The kits that are around include the necessary spacers for this and is a very quick job to perform.

No - the swap is uswing the discs from the RS7 but using the existing caliper. The kits that are around include the necessary spacers for this and is a very quick job to perform.

Oh I see, wasn't quite sure.

Gal Adams is correct. The stock caliper is used with a new caliper spacer to work with the bigger disc diameter.
I am also interested in the caliper for the looks because the overall design is nice.