S3 breather hoses. Aberdeen Aberdeenshire

brm180

Reaction score
Folks ,
Just wondering if ther is anyone local to Aberdeen/shire who is will ing to either come round to my house so that I can see there engine bay. Mechanic who fitted my brether hoses done so with 4 spare not including the hockey puck. Ive been out trying to work out what goes where to no avail.
Thanks

I changed my hoses and had a few left over aswell. Garage told me that the set could be used on many different variations of engine like seat,golf's and even different s3's. Not sure why u dont have the hockey puck i still have mine so can't help with that.

Hi, he forgot to put it in. Ive fitted it now but im still looking to see what connects to the 3rd outlet on th y piece. It is connected to the head, to the hockey puck but I still have a connection spare. Also on the front of the head there was a hose that comes out from there but what thatconnects too im not sure. Im working off EKTA diagram but stillnot sure. Ibought the newer version1 piece lower pcv hose and im looking where that goes....

Cheers anyway

Ive fitted it now but im still looking to see what connects to the 3rd outlet on th y piece. It is connected to the head, to the hockey puck but I still have a connection spare

On my 2003 BAM the pipe is connected to the cam cover then to the hockey puck and the other end fits to a breather pipe that goes under the inlet manifold eventually joining the oil filter housing.

Hi, thats what im thinking. Airbox now removed to gain more access but its timefor acoffee as the heavens have opened up and its chucking it down.... ive taken some pics so I will upload them later... thanks for the help as im needing it....Not a difficult job I only wish id done it myself and replaced them as I removec them as it would of saved so much time....

Cheers

Right, the y piece hose, 1 end connects to the breather tube on the cyl head, 1 end connects into the puck and the hose that connects into the botton of the puck I presume fits into the turbo intake pipe. Is that correct so far....

Folks , see attached pic.
After I have connected the puck to the y hose then the hose from the puck to the 80mm pipe there is one connection left on the y hose which I believe goes to the connection near the oil filter. Thing is the hose that comes fron the filter still has one outlet connection left.

Attachments

• DSC_1527.JPG
    DSC_1527.JPG
    1,022.2 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_1527.JPG
    DSC_1527.JPG
    1,022.2 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_1528.JPG
    DSC_1528.JPG
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 123