Facelift Noisy *Clicking*

Beaver02

Reaction score
Morning guys and girls,

I was driving off my driveway and down the road at the weekend and my girlfriend noticed there is quite a noisy *Click* or *Clunk*
after further investigation seems to be when changing gear
to me it just sounds like the linkage... I can't hear anything inside the car...only outside
Mine is a 66 plate FL
anyone else got anything like this???

You'd normally hear a linkage if the engine was off, especially if the door or window is open but if you heard it while the engine was running then it may need checking out.

its manual ....
hear it whilst the engine is running... and when people are standing outside its very obvious

No offence but it's a 66 plate, therefore under warranty why are we second guessing the fault here?... Get it booked in a.s.a.p. for a warranty repair if it's that obvious!. :sos:

Mine makes the odd click and clunk when manoeuvring, especially when you push the clutch in, but I think it's just backlash in the gears, combined with the Haldex coupling disconnecting. It seems to be more prominent in dynamic mode.

its booked in tomorrow mate....
I just wanted to see if its a normal noise...
it just wasn't there when I got her

Reactions: GSB
its booked in tomorrow mate....
I just wanted to see if its a normal noise...
it just wasn't there when I got her

If it wasn't there when you got it, then it's probably not we are suggesting. It's normal to get linkage noise, especially outside the car.

Keep us updated.

so Audi have had a look at it.... apparently in quattro cars the linkage can be slightly noisy...
its quite normal they said.... mind at rest...

he did say though that in an R8 that noise is double as loud :neutral::neutral:

so Audi have had a look at it.... apparently in quattro cars the linkage can be slightly noisy...
its quite normal they said.... mind at rest...

he did say though that in an R8 that noise is double as loud :neutral::neutral:

Hmmm, okay

I'm gonna add to that, haha.

I wouldn't be happy with that, never. Get him to open up two Quattro cars on the forecourt and get him to replicate it. I've never had any noise from mine. In fact we have two Quattro's on the drive, A6 Allroad (now an A4 Allroad, changed today) and an S3 and never had any noise.