clutch

Lee.S

Reaction score
Hey just wondering what a standard luk clutch can cope with power wise I do intend to map to stage 1 which should be around 265bhp I gather but what torque does stage 1 give? is there room for abit more power?

thanks.

I am surprised people get 265 from a stage 1 remap alone - I thought that was 245 - then you need to change the air flow in and out to get more.

Reactions: Tj 0785
I got a bam engine if it makes a diff they have extra 10hp to other engines i gather.
What mods you got to get 248?

Also low mileage engine done just over 80k

BAM is the same engine just already mapped slightly.

adding modifications no longer makes it a stage 1 - that is usually just a generic map to 245. if you add a B5 TIP, FMIC and 3 inch downpipe that is essentially a stage 2 and a custom map will take you to the safe limit of the car.

Also low mileage engine done just over 80k

Mileage doesn't necessarily mean engine Will preform better a 100k + engine well maintained could be a better condition than a 70k poorly maintained

Bam engine makes no extra on a remap mine just had b5 tip and s2000 cone filter but was mapped before I got the car and dyno'd after I fitted them bits

A lad at work once told me the bam has a stronger bottom end. Couldn't help but LOL

My 2003 BAM put out 260BHP and 260ft/lbs on R-techs rollers.

K&N panel filter. Thats it.

Clutch is subjective to how you use the car. Mine is currently fine with stage 2, around 300ft/lbs going through it.

My 2003 BAM put out 260BHP and 260ft/lbs on R-techs rollers.

K&N panel filter. Thats it.

Clutch is subjective to how you use the car. Mine is currently fine with stage 2, around 300ft/lbs going through it.

Wow if i could get around 300ft/lbs would be well pleased. What bhp you got on stage 2 and what mods you got on to get this?

Thanks

Pipewerx 3" downpipe
Pipewerx de-cat (standard S3 cat back system)
Badger5 80mm TIP
S2000 airfilter
Wagner FMIC

Best run of 282BHP & 302ft/lbs on Rtechs rollers.

Pipewerx 3" downpipe
Pipewerx de-cat (standard S3 cat back system)
Badger5 80mm TIP
S2000 airfilter
Wagner FMIC

Best run of 282BHP & 302ft/lbs on Rtechs rollers.

is that on standard clutch?

Yes.

However I don't launch my car, ever. Once I'm rolling, 10mph+ I'll give it a caning but never from a standing start.

Yes.

However I don't launch my car, ever. Once I'm rolling, 10mph+ I'll give it a caning but never from a standing start.

Thanks mate I am careful with clutches always have been wouldn't feel safe lauching my car anyway unless it had proper launch control setup.