Door Card Light Problem

Steveredman

Reaction score
I was driving up the motorway with my brother this evening and he pointed out that the lights in my door cards were flashing on and off, both doors were flashing together in sync so I'm thinking it's not an issue with the leds or bulbs (not sure which they are) but maybe wiring? I've tried to show where it is on my door, not sure what this light is called but it's white.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Thanks!

bbd2224f9488853ebf2dd0ee3c0509b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Ambient Lighting" it's called and most probably will be led.

You may have a faulty module. I think it's in the doors as it should serve the mirrors, puddle/warning lights also.
As they flash both the same time, it may be one module controlling both doors but it would be somewhere else.
Rear ones are fine?

Take the door card off and check the connections. I would also check with ordinary car bulb or led connected instead of the ambient light to see if it still does it but vcds scan would be your best bet

Thanks for the response Kris, I'll have to check if the rear ones are going off and on at the same time.

Perhaps it is time to invest in VCDS!

Reactions: KrisKrk
I keep meaning to set aside half a day to fully read B5NUT's thread. I may be barking up the wrong tree but if the lights all go off and on together is it not quite unlikely that a module in the door is to blame?

Could be. That was my first thought

I've seen it all on B5NUT's thread. Hell of a job he did to he's car. And all as a hobby, I presume. He got one of the recent A6's for every day use. I admire he's effort and passion he put in that car.

Had a long drive today and did not notice the lights go off at all, maybe it was a freak occurance. I'll just monitor it for now but thanks!