Ebay buyer being a **** - Where do I stand?

Mikey

Reaction score
I have recently sold my Road Angel 2 unit on ebay as i never really used it. Anyway, i this is exactly how I listed the item:

Road Angel 2 - Laser and Speed Camera Detector

This item is used, but in PERFECT working order and there is not a single mark or scratch on the Road Angel unit, it is in PERFECT condition.
The unit does not have any subscription left on, but you can do this easily through the makers of the Road Angel. The unit was last updated in late 2005.

The unit is boxed in its original box and comes with the following:

1 curley power lead
1 straight power lead
1 Road Angel 2 unit
1 Road Angel 2 sun deflector
User manual
Original box

Low start price, NO reserve, and low delivery cost.

Please contact me if you have any questions.
A lady has bidded and won the item, and sent payment by cheque. Cheque eventually cleared, so i sent the item off, and has been delivered. She has now contacted me saying she wants a re-fund because she has not got all the bits that are listed in the USER MANUAL !! I promptly replied back and said everything that was sent to her was what was listed in the ebay listing advert. (Also theres a picture in the advert showing everything listed in the advert) She knew what she was buying when she read the listing, she cant decide now she wants everything that was in the user manual. If I had ALL the bits i would of listed them all. Another classic case of someone not reading through the listing, not that there is loads to read!!!

As I can see it, ive sent to her EXACTLY what i advertised!!!

So where do I stand? So far ive replied to all her emails and been very quick to reply and been very polite.

If you sent everything that was listed i would tell her to **** off about the refund.I know someone who had something similar and the returned goods was broke,think they switched it before sending it back.

Where are you based?

My "recent" understanding is that SHE has entered into an "Agreement" with you for the items described in your description, therefore she is obligated to pay up, if however, she has seen the"Accessories" in the hand book and she expects those as well, then I'm afraid she's on a "Fruitful Venture" (i.e PLUMS!!) As this was not what was described in the bill of sale therefore - NO DEAL! I'd do the following..

1/ maintain the dialogue no matter how angry or frustrated you may get, as she's liable to leave negative feedback! BUT point out that the items that she sees in the handbook are accessories over and above the original item and that if she wants them the she will have to contact road angel,as this was how YOU purchased the item.

2/ offer to refund, negative feedback ain't worth it, BUT at her cost , she pays all P&P and YOU want a guarantee that the goods will arrive in good condition.

I'd try that, but bear in mind she hasn't had her PMT tablet yet so sou'll have to make allowances for that...

Good Luck! HTH

I disagree with item 2. above

Under no circumstances would i offer this person a refund, ur listing has perfectly described everything and she has no real come back - if she leaves neg feedback you can always put a comment on it, and remember you can do the exact same to her.

Don't worry about a paypal claim either, so long as everythign u sent was as described then you have fulfilled your part of the bargain and she will get told by them to get to feck

forgot to mention this is how STUPID she is.....once the auction had ended, she contacted me a day or so later to ask me if the road angel unit worked! WTF? I listed in the ad clearly that is was in perfect working order, and if she thought it might not work why did she not ask this before the auction ended? This is the type of person im dealing with.

I'd say which part of the item description did you miss, there are no refunds, if you want a refund then goto Halfords. If you wish to leave feedback then please do so, then i will leave mine.

And then always leave your feedback open ended.

You overall feedback is excellent, so i wouldn't worry about the odd negative.

I take it she's missing the fitting bracket that sticks to the windscreen. That' the only thing I can see that's missing. It's pretty useless anyway and I'd recommend sticking it to the dash with velcro, far less obvious as well to likely thieves.

Stick to you guns mate, the advert is fine..I had the same thing..said they would neg me if I didn't give a refund and threatend to report me!!

If the advert and the goods match...tell her to get over it..you done nothing wrong at all.

I wouldn't refund at all, if she negs you use square trade and get it removed??

Just Plain Old said:
I think burning her house down is the only realistic option.........

Good move!! Knee capping might be better, she might then learn by her mistakes!!

As this was a private sale on your part, and as long as the item was yours to sell, and it was as described in the advert, she doesn't have any grounds of redress againt you. If she leaves negative feedback, you can still apply to ebay to have this feedback removed, as you havn't done anything wrong, as far as i can see.

lol- class.

told her politly that my advert matches what she has recieved. shes bidded on the item that means she must be happy with what she would get, she cant decide once its arrived she wants more. not my problem. then she sends the abuse, to which i just ignore and will continue to ignore.