Colour screen mod for cluster

Been playing with mine...
A5c5clocks

Decided to build a rig so I can bench all these extra modules... especially now I can't seem to connect to the BT unit any more with VCDS

<tuffty/>

Reactions: warren9022
I can’t afford to keep mine on the road haha

Reactions: Alex C and <tuffty/>
I need to have another go at figuring this eeprom crap out now, I already have my skc code so should be easier this time I hope couldn’t even open the program last time

I need to have another go at figuring this eeprom **** out now, I already have my skc code so should be easier this time I hope couldn’t even open the program last time

I struggled a bit to be honest, took me a couple of hours just to get the EEPROM from my existing cluster :blink: and then 5 minutes to code the new keys. Going to try and get the EEPROM from the A6 cluster tomorrow so we’ll see if it gets easier with practice....

I think Ian is going to have a look when I send him the EEPROM from my cluster :icon thumright:

What about having two clusters coded to the car so you can swap them over for what ever reason is there any reason why that won’t work

What about having two clusters coded to the car so you can swap them over for what ever reason is there any reason why that won’t work

That’s do-able, Ian’s going to clone my original cluster when he puts the ColorMFA into the A6 cluster so I should be able to swap them over and both will work.

Do we know for definate that the ColorMFA will display all the Nav/track info etc?

Thats the approach I am taking tbh... S3 dash will be used for the shroud and foils, A6 dash cloned from S3 and modded... if it all goes pete tong then I can build up the S3 dash easily to get me back up and running

<tuffty/>

It might be a good idea for one of us to get the a6 clocks matched to their immobiliser and working in an S3 without fitting a colour mfa yet just to be 100% sure they do everything the s3 clocks did.

Mine has IMMO off and a mk6 generation ecu so I can’t test them properly

I have an aftermarket ECU so can't test either... I have spoken to Ignitron about the potential to get ECU data sent to the dash though

<tuffty/>

Noooooo, more money to spend! Haha.... I will most definitely be doing this down the line. Question time.... does the FIS Controller still work with this cluster and MFA?

No point sell the fis the colormfa does same things but more

Well this might be the way forward for me, so the ColourMFA reads codes and everything?! doesn’t have snakes though haha I kid. Ok that’s food for thought, thanks TJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulled the EEPROM from the A6 cluster to send to Ian, checked all screens and leds worked on the cluster while I was at it....

4BCCCD06 4D71 436E 9E92 391E49E5475C

Reactions: <tuffty/>
Something I have noticed with most of the c5 clocks I have seen is that the dis screens are usually good and not missing lines like the s3 ones

Something I have noticed with most of the c5 clocks I have seen is that the dis screens are usually good and not missing lines like the s3 ones

Yeah the screen on these clocks is perfect....shame to rip it out really :tearsofjoy:

@syncro Have you got a photo of the white clocks showing all the red lighting on the rest of the controls? Debating whether or not the white clocks would do my OCD in or not...:sweatsmile:

The cr@p thing is I won’t get a chance to test them until next weekend now....

Comparing the A6 coding to the S3 - it's even fuller than the S one! hahahaha
and there's no extra lines for any extra code to be input...

No way that there's gunna be a needle sweep function going to be able to fit

When the dis screen is replaced with the colour mfa ( I presume this is a standalone unit) Could any lines of code for the original dis screen be replaced with the code for the needle sweep?

When the dis screen is replaced with the colour mfa ( I presume this is a standalone unit) Could any lines of code for the original dis screen be replaced with the code for the needle sweep?

No

The eeprom is not touched when upgrading colormfa.

ColorMFA is a stand-alone. Add on PCB and screen.

When you cut the tracks. That leaves the oem FIS non controllable.

You don’t control it anymore.