Tyre Pressure Question

DOBBO41

A3 1.6 TDI Sport 8P 2010
Reaction score
Hi, i have had a look through the forum for an answer but cant really find what i need, i have only had my 54 plate A3 2.0tdi sport (140) 3dr for a couple of weeks, it has the 18 inch 5 spoke s3/s line alloys fitted with 225/40/18 all round, original spec on the car was 17s so my tyre pressure sticker on the fuel filler only list up to 17 inch wheels, what pressures should i be putting in? the car does not carry much weight usually just two people.
Sorry if the answer is on here but i could not find it.
I did find some info with 39 front 30 rear for these wheels and tyres on an S3, but will the diesel still be ok with these regarding weight/suspension etc
I am running 36 front/33 rear(psi) at the moment as per the 17s that where on the car before the 18s

Last edited:
I was running audi tyre pressures and they were over inflated, the middle was worn before the edges. I run at 32 psi all round now seems to be fine, i don;t think you'll be to far off that.

Reactions: 45bvtc
I was running audi tyre pressures and they were over inflated, the middle was worn before the edges. I run at 32 psi all round now seems to be fine, i don;t think you'll be to far off that.

100% agree with that on each of mine; I generally run (1 or 2 up) some 2psi below Audi recommended and find tyre wear superb acrosss the whole face of the tyre; using Audi recommended pressures I get centre wear, on ALL my cars (RS3 fronts being mega centre wear), just as LEE69 states.

Ok will give 32 all round a go , must admit it does feel over inflated at the front if you know what i mean compared to previous cars i have owned (and there has been many ) also from the wear point of view it makes sense.