Heated seat switch position

sal1m

Reaction score
can i have your opinions please., i am getting heated seat pads retrofitted into both front seats , would it look wrong to have the 2 position rocker switch below the "esp off" button or should i stick to keeping it on the seat base? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0652.JPG
    IMG_0652.JPG
    919.4 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_0654.PNG
    IMG_0654.PNG
    362.4 KB · Views: 315
This is just me, but they'll be less obtrusive on the side of the seat. On the console panel they'll look like an afterthought, and add to the clutter.

Reactions: sal1m
i agree much cleaner down on side of seat will just look like an add on the console

FWIW, my old Alfa 159 had them on the seat bases - nothing wrong with it per se but just be aware that if a passenger flips it on, there is no easy way to tell whilst driving.

My wife only really travels in my car at weekends - there were a number of times we'd be driving and she's suddenly go "oh, my seat is on, who's been sat here".... "you were, love - LAST WEEK!" ;-)

That said if you can get over that, I do think that the switches next to the gearlever don't look that great and it will be very obvious its an aftermarket bodge. I'd probably go for the seat bases. I bet it's alot easier too.

Passenger side being left on was my only concern, i still think i will go with the seat base and keep checking regularly.

Or just leave the passenger side switch disconnected.......... :)

Reactions: sal1m and xpoweruk
Put both switches on drivers side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea but passenger wire wouldnt be long enough...

Extend it? Solder. It won't be a hard job but ticks all the boxes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE:drove down to car-vision (Droitwich) and left car with them, got a call back to advise me that seats cant be done as seat covers are stitched to the foam....dissapointing...deposit refunded..

Going to try an upholsterer to see if they can unstitch the cover and stitch the pads in.
Another possible switch location..
f967c5_64ab8660171f44df84e8486979108de6.jpg

Can't you find a set of heated seats and fit the control unit from a car with heated seats. Probably much less of a ball ache