New A4 B8.5 owner

Jonny Cooper

Reaction score
Hello all.

I picked up my 2015 B8.5 Black Edition + 177 Tdi Quattro 6 speed manual yesterday so have been "bonding" with it today.

Until I've been round the car with a wash mitt & hand dried it, I don't really feel like it's mine but apart from a couple of chips in the lacquer on the bonnet & a small chip on a mirror casing all appears well.

I don't appear to have a paper Owners Handbook with the car. Is this normal? I have been playing with the MMI today (it has Technology pack High) & noticed a tab for "Handbook". When I select it I get a message saying that no information is on the hard drive & I get the option of updating the system via the available inputs, USB, sd card etc.

I have sussed out most of the settings but if it is missing something that should be there, I'd like it to be right.

I bought the car from an Audi main dealer & will be in touch with them tomorrow about something else so can sort out any issues I have.

I know that the service history is online so there is no book to get stamped but thought there should at least be a handbook in the car as there is in my B6.

I do find it strange that various other standard items that are on my B6 Tdi Sport such as locking glovebox, illuminated vent controls, illuminated vanity mirrors & the glovebox light are only added to the B8.5 within optional packs that were either specced by the first owner or not but that's another matter.

This may be the first of many a question but I appreciate any help.

I do have a genuine VCDS cable too as needed it to bleed the abs pump on my 06 TT Mk1 Quattro Sport after having the calipers refurbished so, although I don't ever seem to have any spare time lately, if I can be of assistance to anybody local to Doncaster, I'll try my best.

Jonny.

Pics or it didn't happen lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chop.
I think if I hadn't crashed my B6 I would still be driving it today, lovely car!

And also I agree, would like some pics (once you've been over it with the mitt of course).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should have a handbook, mmi book and a cd with the manuals on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Here's the new car. I wanted red, I bought Floret Silver.
I wanted silver wheels & I got the 5 V spokes.
From the 1st time I saw it, I liked it so mulled it over for a fortnight & here we are.
I'll speak to the dealer later about the handbooks & cd. I dealt with 3 different guys from the initial personalised video request 2 weeks ago to the handover on Saturday as they all seem to have far too many days off!

Attachments

• IMG_car.small.jpg
    IMG_car.small.jpg
    752.8 KB · Views: 209
Reactions: Chop., Nilz, Steveredman and 1 other person
Here's the new car. I wanted red, I bought Floret Silver.
I wanted silver wheels & I got the 5 V spokes.
From the 1st time I saw it, I liked it so mulled it over for a fortnight & here we are.
I'll speak to the dealer later about the handbooks & cd. I dealt with 3 different guys from the initial personalised video request 2 weeks ago to the handover on Saturday as they all seem to have far too many days off!
Cracking looking car!

Cracking looking car!

Cheers.

I have only taken a few pics with my phone.
It's an unflattering colour & photos don't do it justice. It looks loads better when you actually stand next to it.
My B6 is Brilliant Red & you can't go anywhere without being spotted. This is more stealthy.

It looks great with the black optics. I went red to grey so i know what you mean.

Welcome to the site, the car looks lovely, some more pics though!! :)

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

I think it looks great although when I first saw those wheels appearing on cars I didn't like them. (They are 19s Gary and only really look special when they are clean & the diamond cut face catches the light). I bought my B6 in 2006 & was torn between silver & red then too. (I briefly had a B5 1.8 T Sport in Aluminium Silver before that but she had had a hard life so was rapidly moved on). I like the aluminium trim around the doors on the B6 & always thought that the de-chroming spoiled the look.

I have gone full circle now although I do have a bit of red in the garage!! (See below)

When I had decided on a Black Edition + I thought the black side trim contrasted loads nicer with silver than red & Ive not seen many with the boot spoiler in body colour, the red BE+ I saw had a black spoiler too.

I'm learning on here but assume that the black optics are standard on this model. If I was to be fussy I might have liked heated seats but drive a truck with heated & cooled seats & rarely use them to be honest.

Thanks again & I'll check in whenever I get the chance. The extra pics will need to wait until the weekend.

Cheers. Jonny.
IMG 20170206 194747