honeycomb grill s3

alex-green2010

Reaction score
is there a honey comb grill that will fit my 07 year s3 cant find one anywhere online for my year?? please can anyone help!!!???

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Wrong section mate,you need to be in the 8p section.

07 are 8p arnt they?

I'm also looking for the honeycomb too so let's hope someone can help

usp motorsports and ECS tuning both have rs3 style grill for under 300 USD

Reactions: Sandra
I don't think they are any good for us as we are looking for the 8p and these sites only have the 8v stuff

After having spent a lot of time researching this myself, as well as others, then you only have one option for a honeycomb grill that will fit the the pre-facelift S3 8P nicely without facelifting the front.

It involves buying an RS6 (C6) honeycomb grill, cutting out the mesh and then bonding it into the S3 grill surround once you've cut out the slats from it. The RS6 (C6) grill is around £200-£300 which is fairly expensive given the amount of risk involved, hence why it has only been done a handful of times and those who have done it have all said what a long, ballache task it was.

It's really annoying as lots of us really want the honeycomb grill to match our fog surrounds but the BE Optics Grill does do a nice job to be fair, so I'd recommend going down this route if you do not wish to attempt the above.

Last edited:

I should've emphasized my point about a grill that fits nicely a bit more then I did. There are a few replica's about like the one you've found but none of them are a nice, snug fit and just look tacky to be honest as there's too much of a gap in places. There were a few of us last year who looked into this of which we all agreed that any of the replica's we had seen fitted just looked out of place, the RS6 (C6) conversion is the only one worth doing otherwise you're going to end up ruining a good looking car.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm sticking with my current grill then lol

Haha it is frustrating though, there wasn't enough demand for Xenonz to make one for the pre-facelift unfortunately. If you haven't already got the black edition optics grill (like mine) then it is definitely worth getting instead, or at least plastidipping the grey/chrome one but I found that to be too annoying if you're a perfectionist like myself.

Hellooooooo they don't fit the s3 only a3

I officially admit I am an asshat! My bad AND Chelsea is kicking my *** right now

Reactions: HHS3
I officially admit I am an asshat! My bad AND Chelsea is kicking my *** right now
I like someone who admits there wrong, shame about your team getting beat though. :)