DW65v in tank pump

S3dave1990

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with one of these? Just wanting to know if this will be sufficient or will it be better to go with the ttrs pump as i know a few people have used those

Cheers
Dave w

Personally I would go with the RS pump,as this is designed to work with a PWM controller,which your car has.

It would need to be properly setup and people like @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. are able to do this sort of work.

What are you looking to do?

If you read DW's own literature on this pump,it does not specify the S3 8P anywhere.

Last edited:
Hi alex,
Looking to got tte420, wmi, rs3/ttrs injectors, spec ive got so far is

Loba hpfp
Rs4 fuel valve
Full cobra decat non res exhaust
Forge twintercooler
Revo intake

I may get an oil cooler in the future as ill be tracking the car eventually but ill wait and see what the oil temps are like

Ill be happy with 380-400 but just wanting to make sure fueling will be right, id be putting a new fuel pump and injectors in anyway so might aswell uograde while im on

Yeah i noticed they didnt specify the s3 8p in there list but it comes up when you search on awesome gti, how much roughly are the ttrs pumps?

Cheers
Dave w

Hi alex,
Looking to got tte420, wmi, rs3/ttrs injectors, spec ive got so far is

Loba hpfp
Rs4 fuel valve
Full cobra decat non res exhaust
Forge twintercooler
Revo intake

I may get an oil cooler in the future as ill be tracking the car eventually but ill wait and see what the oil temps are like

Ill be happy with 380-400 but just wanting to make sure fueling will be right, id be putting a new fuel pump and injectors in anyway so might aswell uograde while im on

Yeah i noticed they didnt specify the s3 8p in there list but it comes up when you search on awesome gti, how much roughly are the ttrs pumps?

Cheers
Dave w

Hi Dave.....If I remember a few hundred pounds,but you do require some mapping to use the pump without overloading the PWM controller,although Rick and others can do this.

I've got the USP Motorsports boost triggered auxiliary pump on mine but may well go down the RS pump route while the car is in bits.
I'm pretty sure the RS pump is good for 700+bhp,as that's what Storm were running on their TTRS,admittedly not with the stock ECU though.

I think at 400-410 bhp you don't need upgraded LPFP, but i might be wrong.. i'll let you know once my car is back and running...

Reactions: S3Alex
Don't think your need to change the injectors either if your only going tte420 ?
I'd def change the intercooler though I'd you haven't already ?