Ordering S3 Saloon tomorrow.....still not sure on colour!!

Which colour?!?

• Ara Blue

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Navarra Blue

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Other....

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steelster

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I think the title says it all!

I'm placing an order for an S3 saloon tomorrow, and still haven't decided on a colour!

I'm strongly heading towards one of the blues, either ara or navarra but can't pick between them. On one hand the Navarra blue cars I've seen in person seem a little flat/dull. Dodgy english weather contributing? Probably.....but since I live here that's what I'll be seeing most of the time! Ara blue I've only seen on an R8 so of course it was bound to look good, but that was under showroom lighting too. My concern for Ara is that it's too light!

Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to work out that I'm hinting at a colour in between, but sadly thats not an option. I even asked him to look into getting Sepang blue on it as an audi exclusive, and apparently it's no longer possible. Not sure if this is some avoidance tactic to stop me messing him around or the truth, but they disappeared to call some head office, and according to him future UK orders are standard configurator colours only, so even if you're willing to pay exclusive you can't.

I appreciate it's all personal opinion but if anyone has seen plenty in person feel free to give your two cents!

I'm aware these look nothing like in person, just thought I'd show the colours against the spec I'm lining up as a guideline!

Ara
Ara Blue

Navarra
Navarra blue

Personally, Ara.

The Navarra looks bit too sensible for an S3.

Reactions: Steelster
Ara, and I feel your thoughts as I went through the same dilemma 6 months ago....Sepang Blue no longer available, but Ara is a good compromise and most who have seen in it person give it a big thumbs up. I hope so, as mine is about to arrive in a week or so.

Reactions: Steelster and Tom.H
Both look good......

Personally the Ara with black optics - gives you the more sporty look but there is nothing too shabby about Navarra with the chrome finish either.

You should come and see Navarra in the Scottish weather then, it's far from dull especially today on a nice clear day :tonguewink:

Admittedly I'm biased but it constantly changes in differing light.

Nowt against Ara it not seen it in the flesh yet.

Reactions: BMB - 77, keenu, Steelster and 2 others
Here's a clue....

And it's not blue....

images

Reactions: Jassyo06, Scottyg, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Cheers for the replies! I think Ara has the slight advantage at the moment, changing my mind like a lunatic though!

Here's a clue....

And it's not blue....

images

I like your style! Appreciate the effort you went to show love for the floret!

Reactions: Jassyo06, TDI-line and Audi Bairn
I swapped colours about 8 times. Glacier white, Panther black, Sepang, Daytona and Tango red all got a run for a bit. Eventually and at the last minute I went for Panther. It was the depth of colour, the moving from black, greenish, bronze and purple tones with the Panther that swung me.

Bottom line Audi have such great colours compared to the competition - would be happy with almost any of the S3 colours. Choosing the best colour for your new sports sedan - real first world problems.........

Reactions: dorgs, Jassyo06 and Steelster
Choosing the best colour for your new sports sedan - real first world problems.........

Exactly! I've been saying that to my friends, if that's my biggest decision at the moment I can't be complaining can I! Either way I'm sure it will look fantastic!

Deposit down..... as it stands Ara blue s3 incoming!!

Reactions: Scottyg
I think you should pick Blue. Or Daytona Grey?

I've seen Ara Blue on a few showroom cars now and it looks awesome!

I've got the Mythos Black without the black pack and it looks superb with the chrome accents. Even when it's dirty it still looks great... I know people aren't great fans of metallic blacks but I've attached a couple of photos of mine for your reference! However, if I didn't have the black I would have gone for the Navarra I think!
IMG 2324
IMG 2327

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Scottyg and 4 others
I think you should pick Blue. Or Daytona Grey?

I've seen Ara Blue on a few showroom cars now and it looks awesome!

I really like Daytona Grey, a friend of mine has is on his A3. There are a lot of darker cars going around at the moment so I fancy something that little bit different which is why I've decided on the ara blue. Takes nothing away from Daytona though, I think it looks amazing!

I've got the Mythos Black without the black pack and it looks superb with the chrome accents. Even when it's dirty it still looks great... I know people aren't great fans of metallic blacks but I've attached a couple of photos of mine for your reference! However, if I didn't have the black I would have gone for the Navarra I think!

I agree, I think black looks great it's just not something I'd order myself not sure exactly why. Great looking car you have there though!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, billy.rt and Mark_86
Well I pick my sepang blue facelift up a week on sat and can't wait..mine was threw the exclusive paint scheme..but mine was a bit different as mine is a replacement car..don't know if that matters ...but so glad I managed to get sepang again

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Mark_86
@Steelster cheers mate! but in your situation it would have to be the Navarra, although I like the ara blue, it seems more comfortable in a Mediterranean climate... if that makes any sense whatsoever lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Well I pick my sepang blue facelift up a week on sat and can't wait..mine was threw the exclusive paint scheme..but mine was a bit different as mine is a replacement car..don't know if that matters ...but so glad I managed to get sepang again

Haha thanks for rubbing it in!! Look forward to seeing some pics of that should you post any!!

@billy.rt I really can't make my mind up! it's ordered in Ara for now, literally only paid deposit this morning but I see the appeal of Navarra. At the moment going to stick with my guns!

If anyone has a facelift S3 in Ara and could post a few pics that would be awesome! I've been trolling the internet for days trying to find a decent picture that is realistic and doesn't look edited or whatever but can't find many I think would be a fair representation.

Not my car, found these and more on the s3 facelift thread.. With black optic it looks pretty amazing imo, just a little lighter than sepang with some extra crystal metallic flake, less purple hue. Definately the color I would buy for a FL S3 but now looking for a CPO sepang S4..

3e366a460f01a5336f98d33d603122d7.jpg
5c5bde5b691dc9b54eb7a5f71d8e429b.jpg
9bd2906f9483dbc795f29c348aa223cc.jpg

Reactions: dorgs, S3tuart, TDI-line and 3 others
@marcg611 shows how good my research was ha! thanks for posting those! I haven't ordered mine with BE trim so it's going to have the standard chrome/aluminium finish. so many pictures I've seen of Ara make it look similar to sepang but then others look incredibly light. who can you trust these days eh? maybe i'll get lucky and see some driving around before it's too late to change colour!

View attachment 115780View attachment 115781

The black and chrome works for me. I think the secret with all these cars is to have some contrast- black and chrome, vegas or tango say with the black optics pack.

Reactions: billy.rt
The black and chrome works for me. I think the secret with all these cars is to have some contrast- black and chrome, vegas or tango say with the black optics pack.
I'm a sucka for a metallic black car that's just been cleaned! Lucky I have OCD when it comes to cleaning haha but you're right 100% I do like the vegas I'm just not brace enough! Hats off to anyone who has gone for that colour!

I swapped colours about 8 times. Glacier white, Panther black, Sepang, Daytona and Tango red all got a run for a bit. Eventually and at the last minute I went for Panther. It was the depth of colour, the moving from black, greenish, bronze and purple tones with the Panther that swung me.

Bottom line Audi have such great colours compared to the competition - would be happy with almost any of the S3 colours. Choosing the best colour for your new sports sedan - real first world problems.........

Panther Black,the king of Black paints

Reactions: Mac135
Not my car, found these and more on the s3 facelift thread.. With black optic it looks pretty amazing imo, just a little lighter than sepang with some extra crystal metallic flake, less purple hue. Definately the color I would buy for a FL S3 but now looking for a CPO sepang S4..

3e366a460f01a5336f98d33d603122d7.jpg
5c5bde5b691dc9b54eb7a5f71d8e429b.jpg
9bd2906f9483dbc795f29c348aa223cc.jpg
Ara Blue Crystal..........is far far lighter than Sepang Blue,it doesnt have more metallic flecks in it than any other metallic paint...its just that the flecks are larger,its a 2 dimensional paint,Sepang is a mluti faceted paint being a Pearlescent ,both very different from each other both rather nice,but if you would like to research Sprint Blue, you'll find its almost identical if not the same colour as Ara....

Reactions: pburv
Very happy with our Navarra Blue with chrome trim. Ara has a very different, far more 'in your face' personality that isn't for us. So that's where what you want comes in - subtle or striking? We have had plenty of unsolicited compliments about the colour of our car and it looks fantastic when polished in sunlight. But like any darker car, looks dirty quickly. We certainly don't regret our choice even though Ara wasn't an option when we placed our order.

I understand your lunatic phase!
Ara is fantastic especially with the black pack, no doubt about that.
I guess it may be useful to look a little in perspective, depending on your age, your attitude, how long you think to keep the car... because sometimes striking colours can be a bit of love/hate relationship in my opinion.

I've had an Estoril Blu BMW, but I've just ordered the S3 and this time it's Daytona because for some reason I think it looks strong and beautiful without being in your face.
From this point of view, Navarra has similar attributes to my eyes.

Sorry for confusing you even further, colours are really subjective so it's all good.

Here are a few cool pics of a saloon in Daytona if you want to have a look:

https://www.google.it/amp/claveyscorner.com/audi/2016s3/amp/

Reactions: Steelster and Audi Bairn
Very happy with our Navarra Blue with chrome trim. Ara has a very different, far more 'in your face' personality that isn't for us. So that's where what you want comes in - subtle or striking? We have had plenty of unsolicited compliments about the colour of our car and it looks fantastic when polished in sunlight. But like any darker car, looks dirty quickly. We certainly don't regret our choice even though Ara wasn't an option when we placed our order.

That's my take as well...Go Ara if you want my attention. Go Navarra if you are more subtle. I am pretty extreme that I'd prefer Navarra with black pack just to stay low key.

None of Audi standard colours are in your face as to speak...apart from Vegas...that aside they are all classy..and there cars are designed around these colours,Vegas is for the minority....kinda add on colour

Hey everyone, I think the title says it all!

I'm placing an order for an S3 saloon tomorrow, and still haven't decided on a colour!

I'm strongly heading towards one of the blues, either ara or navarra but can't pick between them. On one hand the Navarra blue cars I've seen in person seem a little flat/dull. Dodgy english weather contributing? Probably.....but since I live here that's what I'll be seeing most of the time! Ara blue I've only seen on an R8 so of course it was bound to look good, but that was under showroom lighting too. My concern for Ara is that it's too light!

Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to work out that I'm hinting at a colour in between, but sadly thats not an option. I even asked him to look into getting Sepang blue on it as an audi exclusive, and apparently it's no longer possible. Not sure if this is some avoidance tactic to stop me messing him around or the truth, but they disappeared to call some head office, and according to him future UK orders are standard configurator colours only, so even if you're willing to pay exclusive you can't.

I appreciate it's all personal opinion but if anyone has seen plenty in person feel free to give your two cents!

I'm aware these look nothing like in person, just thought I'd show the colours against the spec I'm lining up as a guideline!

Ara
View attachment 115756

Navarra
View attachment 115757
Having seen Ara Blue quite recently on an R8 V10 plus, it's definitely a striking colour, having not long been available to order, it would be what I'd like to see, especially with the RS Alloys as per your pic.

Steve

I love some of the responses here. Colour choice is very subjective and I am no going to go over again why I made my choice. Go with what you desire, look, ease of maintenance, hide in the crowd, looks good on a sunny day, looks good on a dark rainy day and frankly Scarlet " I do not give a rat's *** what you think of my choice" :blink:
Though I may offer an opinion of yours :wink:

I went to my local Audi today and there was an Ara Blue R8, it's a stunning color in the flesh. Very different to any pictures or renders I've seen of it.

Reactions: Steelster, samo26 and Audi Bairn
Think I'm convinced now to leave my order as it is and stick with the Ara!

It was only such a tough decision because personally I think the s3 looks great in almost all the colours available!