New to the site, various interests and matters

ap3491

Reaction score
New to the site, I have a Audi A4 b7 Cab, 2.0T petrol, I am after info on a replacement bolt on turbo which will produce more power ( maybe from a different model or VW,Seat? or a popular upgrade?) i am not after bundles of power, i have the 6 speed box wich i dont know if it counts for anything, could somone please tell me any supporting mods i would need also? ie injectors, fuel pump ?

My car also burns alot of oil, funny enough, it does about 1.5L a month, potentially oil seals on the turbo?

any help would be great thanks Aaron

Depends on what mileage you do per month as to what the rate the oil should be burnt at. from what i remember the 2.0l Petrol's have an issue with piston rings or a seal or two internally that cause it.

As for upgrade turbo, you will probably first off need a remap to configure it properly along with new uprated clutch, intercooler and exhaust down pipe

mine still uses oil, a lot less than it used too now I run better quality oil , and I had a new engine a while back and nothing really changed much between the two if i'm honest, the 2.0tfsi do just use oil.
manual states that 0.5L per 600km on a lively driven engine can be normal, so anything is possible ...

You can get up to around 300hp, by mapping and bolting bits on to your car with its current (K03) turbo.

If you want more than that, you can get about 400hp out of the K04 with similar mods. As fitted to the 8p S3, eddy and other higher performance models.

After that it's big turbo time if you want more.

You can get 250-260hp (and a lot more torque) with just a remap. TBH at a certain point FWD and a heavy car, become the limiting factors in how much power you can put down.

I found a read through R-Tech's site, a good primer for 2.0TFSI tuning: http://r-techperformance.co.uk/2-0-tfsi-tuning/