DTUK tuning box settings and fitting A6 1.9tdi PD

assybish

Reaction score
Hi

I have a low mileage A6 1.9tdi PD sports and have bought a DTUK near new PD 2+ tuning box. It is less than 6 months old and hardly used immaculate.

The instructions are useless they mention 4 program settings and 6 fine tuning settings but give no guidance at all as to what the differences between the 4 programs are.

Contacted DTUK and they were offhand and unhelpful - "we don't support used products and the warranty is not transferable and we have no idea what your box is" ( even though I have the original invoice!) We will remap it for x quid!!)

Not impressed!!!!!!!! Hope the box is better than their interest in the products they sell once they have left them.

So anyone on the group fitted the stock PD2+ box to an A6 1.9 tdi and suggestions on best fitting routes and the actual function of the 4 programs please?

Thanks

Just a guess but I would expect program 1 to be the least aggressive going to 4 giving the most power/ torque.
There then appears to be the option of increasing or decreasing the power of any map by upto 30%.
The best thing to do is a bit of trial and error to get the result that you want.

Thanks I more or less guessed that - why they don't out it on the instructions ?????

I was interested if anyone had used the box on an A6 as mine seems to be different to my Passat 1.9tdi sports same year etc but A6 slower and poorer mpg by a way. Also I suspect the 4 progs aren't just power but also torque distribution vs throttle position - would be nice to know as 4x7 (28) permutations seems a lot to experiment with blindly :(

The map on a 1.9 pd130 in a Passat and an A6 will be almost identical. The A6 is slower and worse on mpg because it's a bigger heavier car. I would try each map with the setting at 0% and see what they feel like. One of the reasons they have this much adjustability is to cater for different gearbox / car combinations

The map on a 1.9 pd130 in a Passat and an A6 will be almost identical. The A6 is slower and worse on mpg because it's a bigger heavier car. I would try each map with the setting at 0% and see what they feel like. One of the reasons they have this much adjustability is to cater for different gearbox / car combinations

Thanks again but the difference is only 160 kg = 2 passengers my Passat sport 180,000m get average 55 mpg 60 on run even with 3 passengers But the Audi 90,000 ml gets only 45mpg.

Seems hell of a difference for only 150kg and a few mm length.??? Interested to know why. This is one reason I went for the DTUK box as I hoped I might get nearer the Passat mpg and acceleration when needed.
A6
Weight
1535kg
Length 4796mm
Width 1992mm
Height 1452mm
Wheelbase 2760mm
Turning Circle 11m
Passat
mm inches
Wheelbase
2703 106.4
Track/tread (front)
1515 59.6
Track/tread (rear) 1515 59.6
Length 4703 185.2
Width
1746 68.7
Height 1462 57.6
Ground clearance
length:wheelbase ratio
Kerb weight 1396 kg 3078 lb

I would try posting in the correct sub forum so you might get more replies. The c7 is only available with the 2.0tdi. Presumably yours is a c5 or c6.