Audi S3 8L Problem ! Fuel pump upgrade problem !

Arrogance

Reaction score
Hi all i am driving audi S3 8L AMK last night i waa going for a remap stage 1 we run the car on dyno but it wont produce more than 142 kw on the wheels.Turbine gate is closed till the end but the car cant keep 1bar boost till rev limiter.We think the problem is in the fuel pump.I want to put stronger pump but just to replace it with the original pump.I saw few post where walbro 255 is placed where the fuel filter is i dont like this type of change .Sorry for bad english. Please help me !
Received 1184933461556387

fuel pump will not change your boost...
weak actuator will, as can cracedk turbo internally (leaking)

afr's and lambda adjust indicate fuel issue or not.

Seperate things

Turbo make 1.4 boost peak and hold 1.1 till 5+k my mechanic told me turbo is fine.How can i chek for cracs whithout dismounting it

Turbo make 1.4 boost peak and hold 1.1 till 5+k my mechanic told me turbo is fine.How can i chek for cracs whithout dismounting it

Erm... You Said [ "Turbine gate is closed till the end but the car cant keep 1bar boost till rev limiter" ]

healthy K04 can hold 1.2 bar at 6krpm on full duty cycle.

Maybe somethings being lost in translation here dude?

If that is "Wheel KW" and "pre stage 1 map" then what's the issue?
140KW is 190WHP and is probably right for a 207BHP Engine isn't it?

oh okay, I thought that was a pre-mapping dyno.

I have a new 4 bar fuel pump on mine, I don't think you need to have an uprated fuel pump for a stage 1 map.

Assuming I am reading the graph correctly the map is running 12 afr pretty much from the get go and across the whole rev range...

I'd say you are running fuelling a little too rich overall and a little too soon before spool as its taken a chunk of your original torque out up to 3000 rpm... An afr thats too rich will kill torque and turbine speed so the 12 afr is probably taking the edge off the the top end too...

As for needing a fuel pump... based on the graph and without being able to see injector duty or lambda adjustment logs it suggests you have no fuelling issues that would require a pump upgrade and as said before the std pump will support stage 1 tunes with ease... however, 8L S3's are old cars and pumps are starting to fail from age... its worth considering changing the pump if you want peace of mind but you would ideally need to validate fuelling if you think you have a problem through logging

<tuffty/>

only thing questionable with such little data is the duty cycle of the n75, the request across the rpm range, and what timing interventions from knock the ecu's seeing.

fueling afr is ok..
boost is a little low, but very common on tired actuators (IF) the map is asking for more and simply not achieving it.
unknown without logging

I hope till the end of the week i will measure fuel presure at high rpm at 4-5-6 gear so we will know if the pump is the problem or will search for other issue.

given your plotted afr is in the 12's, what problem on fueling are you looking for?????
log block 001 - you will see lambda adjustment and if going additive >10-20% you know its compensating for inadequate fueling..
Check this against airflow in case maf is under reading and the answer will be revealed.
physical pressure check confirms as you say you are going to do.. you should see 3bar + boost pressure so look at boost gauge as well as fuel pressure gauge when logging it

Reactions: Arrogance
We measured fuel pressure at 4 and 5 gear till rev limiter the pressure is 4.1 bar. Later this night i will upload logs !