Need a boot latch ASAP :)

ValiantSaint

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my boot latch has failed on my 03 reg Avant and it's causing the alarm to sound intermittently and for the boot to not close all the time. I have checked with the main dealer and they can't get hold of any until after Xmas. The part number I was given by the dealer was; 4B9827505N - all I can find online is european listings on ebay etc. Is there anywhere else I could get hold of a UK based part, for a decent price?

EDIT: Or is there the same part with a different serial that could do the same job?

Many thanks in advance :)

Are you sure it's the latch ? the actuating solenoid are a known problem on the Avants

Reactions: ValiantSaint
Hi everyone, my boot latch has failed on my 03 reg Avant and it's causing the alarm to sound intermittently and for the boot to not close all the time. I have checked with the main dealer and they can't get hold of any until after Xmas. The part number I was given by the dealer was; 4B9827505N - all I can find online is european listings on ebay etc. Is there anywhere else I could get hold of a UK based part, for a decent price?

EDIT: Or is there the same part with a different serial that could do the same job?

Many thanks in advance :)
Have you tried Mike at our parts request?

Reactions: ValiantSaint
I think it's the latch as it contains a microswitch, which I believe, is used by the alarm/display panel to stay when the boot is open - hence the false alarms etc. Thanks Sandra, I'll try Mike ASAP :)

I think it's the latch as it contains a microswitch, which I believe, is used by the alarm/display panel to stay when the boot is open - hence the false alarms etc. Thanks Sandra, I'll try Mike ASAP :)
Mike be in Monday morning 1st thing :)

Thanks for the offer, Cobra. I've taken the plunge and bought one new, though :)