what is this colour?

Reaction score
I have had a look to try find this colour. The v5 says its blue but to me it looks like a dark purple. The reason i ask is some one scratched the drivers door as u might see in the picture. Also the grey plastic strip on the bottom of door has came of is there a easy way of getting it back on.

Attachments

• 20161215_140853.jpg
    20161215_140853.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 163
I have had a look to try find this colour. The v5 says its blue but to me it looks like a dark purple. The reason i ask is some one scratched the drivers door as u might see in the picture. Also the grey plastic strip on the bottom of door has came of is there a easy way of getting it back on.
Really hard to say from your photo. The easiest way would be to look at the sticker with all options, etc in the boot, no?

Sent from my phone...

Looks like Merlin Purple LZ3W

Reactions: Gazwould
looks like Ming Blue to me

Reactions: tomjol and Tj 0785
First thought I said Ming blue but might be a Merlin purple....nah it's a bit dark. I'm going for ming blue.

As for the door blade, you need to remove two rubber bungs from the inside bottom of the door. Then remove the two Phillips screw from the inside (being careful not to drop the screws inside the door). The door blade has a nylon runner that sits inside a recess inside the blade. I replaced a blade about 5 years ago with a new one from Audi and it just started doing the same as yours again this summer! (Wtf?!) So, a few months ago I removed the blade and cleaned it all up and used an epoxy resin to stick the white nylon runner back into the blade. 5 months on and it's still good. Try to repair it like me but if you don't succeed a new blade is around £160 inc vat from Audi and the colour won't match. I had to get it painted before I fitted it (along with my old rear door blade) to ensure a good match on one side. The screws and washers can be re-used but I had to drill my screws out as they were rusted to sh1t. Audi will sell you new screws for about 60p each.

Thank guys for the response. Can always count on good information on here. I will try and fix that door blade like u said s3mad_dude said at the weekend. It must be that ming blue colour as the v5 says blue but not the kind of blue it is but if it was merlin purple ot would at least say purple in the v5.