EA 189 NOx Emissions Fix

Rowan88

Reaction score
Hi,

I have got the 5th letter now regarding my car being taken in for the emissions fix. I have been told from a few guys at work not to do it as it can only make the car perform worse or even make parts fail quicker.

Do you know anything regarding this and should I get it done or just keep ignoring them?

Thanks

Copy and paste from my reply on this thread: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/vw-emission-scandal-are-we-going-to-get-compensation.255055/

'I've commented on the other thread, but a member on A5OC had his A5 2.0TDI on the dyno before and after the update and has found performance to be increased, and fuel economy has increased too.

Seems that they have restricted the engine to reduce the emissions, but then effectively applied a remap to make sure performance hasn't been affected.

Whether it has actually reduced the emissions is yet to be proven...! At least your car will feel better to drive though :)

Edit: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-general-q/130961-anybody-had-nox-emmissions.html'

But then if you look further in that thread, other users are reporting worse low-end performance, problems with tuning boxes and different gearing than they are used to.

Not sure I would blame you whatever option you took, but I would probably opt to do it personally...

As well as the S4 I have a diesel golf. I've had the recall done and would say it feels a little peppier and certainly no worse than it did before.

Have had it done on my a4 and q3 and both appear to have increased in performance and fuel consumption

I was going to get mine done after seeing no change in performance. But theres not to mention a change in reliability which is why im sitting tight for now. Heard a few people have seen issues with EGR....related or not is a different thing.

yes ,i have had my a3 cbab engine done 4 weeks ago all seemed ok till my emissions light came on 3 days ago.Had to spray some carb cleaner down the air intake several times to clear the fault light.From what i have seen on the "honest john "web site that there is more EGR regenerations done now post remap.Now i have never had this light come up pre remap.Dont think my local Audi garage will admit that this is just a coincidence.?