Amd essex remaps 3.0tdi

Chrisb7a4

Reaction score
Hello. I bought my b7 audi a4 avant couple of months ago.
Its had a remap which was already done before i bought the car but i dont have any details.
It goes really well but produces quite a big puff of black smoke when first putting your foot down. I drive alot of motorways miles so the dpf isnt clogging up.
Has anyone had any dealings with amd and also would you get it remapped again as piece of mind?
Thanks

Dpf equipped cars produce hardly any smoke .

Sounds like a gutted dpf and the fuelling a bit rich at a certain point in the map .

Thats what i am thinking.
Not sure about the dpf as i havent removed the exhaust to have a look but its just a piece of mind i guess.
Amd specs are good on the 3.0tdi think 280bhp with 410ft lbs.

You sure you have a DPF? Thought they were not fitted until the B8's came out. Plant your foot on the go pedal when cold and you will have black smoke for a while, mapped or not. .
As for AMD, they are my 1st. port of call for stuff I can't do myself. You need a remap backed up with a rolling road session to tweak the map, costs a bit more but well worth it.

If it produces a big puff of smoke when spooling it has no DPF. If you are happy with the performance and economy then I would leave it. If you want it tweaking @bobby singh is very good with these engines.

Ok so i dont have dpf lol. That the reason behind the smoke i guess.
Bobby singh where are you located?

So went to amd. Now i thought the car was quite fast anyways.
Well it turns out, the audi is already mapped.
So had 3 dyno runs and it produced 270bhp with 455 ft lbs. Jesus thats like 610nm of torque.
They said the power is good with a nice curve on the dyno graph.
Is there anyone else out there that can get better figures?
The torque is amazing but i would like more bhp towards the 300hp mark.
Any mods that can be done?
Thanks

You are limited by the turbo. The stock BV50 fitted to the B7 3.0 TDI is not a great turbo compared to the Garret GTB2260 fitted to the B8.
It's obviously has no DPF as you are seeing smoke from it, You may be able to get a little more from it but the BV50 isn't a very strong turbo and you run the risk of issues with it. It's also not easy to change the turbo for something bigger.

I am a mechanic by trade so i love doing stuff like this.
I didnt relise the turbo wasnt as good as the b8.
Will the b8 turbo fit straight on??

You have any idea about how much boost and fuel you are running?
BV50 units make 300hp

2260 unit physically fits yes but the actuator control is different (hella Vs vdo).

Next month I plan on fitting a 2260 to a bv50 car.

Bobby not sure about how much boost its producing.