19" New RS4's on A3T

DreA3Turbo

DreA3Turbo
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Not sure if anyone has this combination on their car yet, so I thought I would share the pics to see what you think....

Here is how it looks...

2d6k5ra.jpg

49if3t3.jpg

29pp029.jpg

It was on these before....

2ly24j5.jpg

Not sure what I prefer......Will have to give them a few weeks of getting used to..

Dre.!

nah definately better !

Dre,

The car looks great with the new RS4. Are they replicas? How much did they cost?

Murph

Cheers All...Keep looking out the window trying to make my mind up - neighbours must think Im an absolute nutter LOL.

At the moment, I'm wondering whether to kit or not to kit. Seen a few bumbers and side skirts about that are nice and sublte...would like to make it a bit special without loosing the....well the Audiness...if there is such a word.

Any recommendations?

murph said:
Dre,

The car looks great with the new RS4. Are they replicas? How much did they cost?

Murph
Easy Murph...

They are RS4 replica's - got them from Midland Wheels. They do quite a good package for 19's £695 with Toyos's, delivery is £20 mainland UK. Came within 2 days...recommended.

The Original RS4's are actually quite different in the metal, the centre of the rim is goes back much further - looks like the wheel is swallowing the centre. If there was a way of getting them on painlessly, then I would have got involved!! ;o)

Stick with the RS4 replica's......I've got the same on my S4 cause I didn't like the standard S4 alloys

Yeah, definetely nice with them on. :thumbsup:

I've seen those in 18" on an A3 and while they looked pretty good they looked a little bit lost, I guess because the rim and spokes are quite narrow; but they look spot on in 19" - and I can't believe the price you got with decent rubber. Good work!

Regards,

Rob.

DreA3Turbo said:
Cheers All...Keep looking out the window trying to make my mind up - neighbours must think Im an absolute nutter LOL.

At the moment, I'm wondering whether to kit or not to kit. Seen a few bumbers and side skirts about that are nice and sublte...would like to make it a bit special without loosing the....well the Audiness...if there is such a word.

Any recommendations?

Alright mate, long time no speak! Hows things?

Wheels look good! Better than i was expecting to be honest.

Take a look at the Reiger RS bits...They are the best ones in terms of quality and looks i think! Someone like Caractere or Zender are even better quality wise, but i'm not fan of their front bumpers. Love the caractere and sender side skirts, but i think rear bumper wise, stick with OEM.

Rich

Car looks quality mate, thats exactly what i was planning on doing when ive got some money, but 18" as im worried about losing the handling if i go too big? Higher center of gravity and all....

sorry to go OT, what spoiler is that you've got on there and how much was it? I want to get one for mine as the standard lip doesnt look big enough IMO, but the aftermarker ones ive seen so far look pish.

Cheers
Sam

Dre whereabouts do u stay as I swear I saw a car just like yours in Greenwich yesterday.....
...zender sideskirts all the way, I actually prefer the old wheels though tbh.

Are they the ultra angel eyes you have on your A3?

The car looks well sweet mate, same colour as mine & lights look same.

How much did the colour code-ing cost you?

FactionOne said:
I've seen those in 18" on an A3 and while they looked pretty good they looked a little bit lost, I guess because the rim and spokes are quite narrow; but they look spot on in 19"

I agree much better in 19"

hmm, i love the wheel on the rs4 but i actually think they would look good in 18s on the s3. 19s have always been a bit big in my view.

18s with a subtle drop would look great. other than that there cool!

they do look brilliant on your car. I want some for my A3 tdi when my tyres wear out. Ive been thinkin of going for 19" but thought the big wheels would lift the car too high off the ground but they look perfect on yours.

Is you A3 any lower than an A3 tdi sport 130 ?

in the style of Borat
" I like, You like, Can i touch them"...
very nice indeed

I bought mine in 18" the other day. Looking to drop 25mm when I can afford to. Think I'm gonna invest in some decent stoppers first. Need to check the clearance to decide about spacers and the like.

Rich

tommo-turbo said:
I bought mine in 18" the other day. Looking to drop 25mm when I can afford to. Think I'm gonna invest in some decent stoppers first. Need to check the clearance to decide about spacers and the like.

I've got Brembos on mine and they clear by a couple of mm with no spacers.

love those wheels, was thinking of getting those myself but wondered how theyd look on the car, im sold now tho! and i need the colour coding doing cos urs looks sweet!

All - thanks for the responses....Havent been able to post as I was picking up my new interior yesterday...it was a long journey...but well worth it. Lots of fitting to do now...

FactionOne

I thought they looked a little lost on the 18's too - Although the S3's seem to get away with 18's better.

RichA3Turbo

Easy m8....Saw your motor on another thread - looking very tasty - got any more shots of it? See your power has taken a massive hike as well...320 naughty horses! I like the Reiger S3 kit front bumper with the integrated fogs...with some simple side skirts. I am a bit lost on rear bumbers at the moment, that might take a bit of hunting.

Sam_20Vturbo

Handling wise, I have found that it handles a treat - seems alot more surefooted, the only thing that could be considered negative that I have noticed is a nip in the snappiness of the acceleration - but the top end has increased - unpublishable speeds! :) The spoiler is a genuwine S3 spoiler....managed to get it in the right colour from a wreckage.

Silver75

That was me that you saw - I saw your motor as well...was snapping my neck back to have a look near the discount cycle store. Your car looks fresh!

Turbodan

Well spotted - Angel eyes they are. Apparently they have taken a strong slating on the site...but in the metal..well plastic, they actually look very well. Having said that, I have them on a silver car, so they dont stick out in garish way. You got pics of yours?

The colour coding was done quite a while back when I was having some key marks taken out - to be honest I cant remember how much it was. I do recall it being quite expensive as the plastic on those parts are quite flexible and they need to be hardened before they are sprayed.

jediKnight

I know what you mean with regards to the 18's & 19's on the S3/A3's. IMO the S3 due to the larger arches can get away with a smaller rim, but to make the A3 look as aggresive tends to need the bigger rim as the arches are nowhere near as flared. Im after adjustable coilovers next so that I can get the perfect ride hight.

A3-frankie

The car has been dropped 40mm - I think the TDI sports came with a similar suspension setup as the 1.8T sports. On the standard srings the car looked like a roller boot with escalade rims....definately recommend that you hold out on the 19's until you can do the suspension at the same time.

Dubhyper

LMAO!!! Saw this on Sunday..in fact...thats when Silver75 saw me!

Tommo-turbo..

Its all about the pictures!!

Al_B

Was knocked about the last pic...took it on my k800, which usually gives a good result...was just in a rush not to get noticed with my phone out in a gas station - LOL. More shots will be coming up when I get a chance to clean it properly - havent given it a once over since it came back from getting the engine sorted out.

Right...Im going to dig out the posts on fitting S3 interiors....piano black insert me up!!

Yeah, not the best pics, but here are a couple.

day.JPG

night.JPG

I didnt like them at first, but there growing on me now! i changed the side repeaters to chrome ones because my crystal clear headlamps didnt quite match the dull looking in comparison, clear side repeaters.

Withe the lights being so clear, i have to make sure the car is nicely cleaned & waxed so they dont look out of place!

They look best around now (4pmish) when its just getting dark, with the sidelights & angel lights on low.

I definatley want the colour code-ing done next.

Had these wheels on for about 5 months now in 19" as well. I think they look great, but photos dont really do them justice. Good choice. :)

Aaron