Fuel pump has died

phil08

Reaction score
Hi all,

Car broke down yesterday and the garage I use have diagnosed the fuel pump as being the issue, which goes hand in hand with the irrational cold starting in have had previously.

They have given me two prices one being around £250 for a pump with 3 months warranty and another being £30 more but with a lifetime warranty including labour.

I always like to look around first to see if I can bring the price down but can anyone recommend a fuel pump or anywhere I can look for one?

Not looking for anything fancy or uprated in particular

Sorry should have put that it's an APY

I've had alook on eBay etc and there's plenty around the £120 mark wind years warranty which would not be an issue to me or a HAAS pump from eurocarosrts for around £130 but I really don't know enough to tell the difference

Are them prices fitted or just the pump itself?

I recently bought a brand new genuine Audi fuel pump from TPS for £225.

For a BAM but I'd assume to be the same?

Fitting takes about half an hour.

That was including fitting...

If I purchase the one in the link above from badger 5 do I need to purchase anything else to get it to fit or anything else that needs swapping out?

Hi I did get a HAAS Pump from ECP for £97 - I have not had any running problems but I can hear it hum, maybe the old one could be heard too - but I just know where it is now ?

I took the old pump to bits using the guide, and it is pretty easy to unplug the secondary pump and you need to lift and remove and extra arm from inside the tank.

DONT SMOKE whilst you are changing around the components - and put some card or something over that massive hole with essentially a bomb in.

I might check the Fuel Pressure Regulator too - but I am pretty happy with the car running currently.