Fog LED lights

Greenglass

Reaction score
Hello, I am a proud owner of a 64 plate A3 SE 5 door.

Ive already searched all the threads about this topic but wondering of anyone can help me further.
Looking to change the halogen fogs to LED's to match the colour of the xenons and im not sure of what LED's to buy that would ensure I do not get any dash errors.
Ive seen that T8ups provides them but can anyone point me to some reasonable priced LED's of amazon uk or ebay?

Also I've heard that you can go through the wheel arch and also can pull the light out from the front with a removal tool. Which would ne easiest? I have seen a guide of the front removal but not from the wheel arch.

Thank you

I'd like to do this also ! Hate the dull halogen colour, i don't understand why they don't fit bright white from factory to match xenons as does look a bit daft - people on here must have done this surely?!?!?

If it's anything like the previous 8p range, there is a little handle on the plastic cover trim at the opposite end of the fog light. You hook your fingers in and pull outwards & upwards. They use "yellow" coloured halogen bulbs as this colour light is supposed to penetrate fog better :friendly wink:

The bulb contact on this site looks very good. Before I became aware of him I had used the following firm who seemed quite good and sold me some nice quality (cree manufactured LED) DRLs bulbs http://www.xenonbulbs.co.uk/ they also sell via ebay/amazon etc.

Last edited:
Hello, I am a proud owner of a 64 plate A3 SE 5 door.

Ive already searched all the threads about this topic but wondering of anyone can help me further.
Looking to change the halogen fogs to LED's to match the colour of the xenons and im not sure of what LED's to buy that would ensure I do not get any dash errors.
Ive seen that T8ups provides them but can anyone point me to some reasonable priced LED's of amazon uk or ebay?

Also I've heard that you can go through the wheel arch and also can pull the light out from the front with a removal tool. Which would ne easiest? I have seen a guide of the front removal but not from the wheel arch.

Thank you
@Greenglass - Hi & :welcome!: to Audi-Sport.Net!

Contact our resident expert on all things lighting @t8ups , who is an ASN sponsor, for your needs
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/em-tuning.209/

Hi I used the pulling out the front method which is simple and instructions are in the manual for it. I was looking for LED but I went for some 35w 5000k halogen ones and they match great! I don't have a photo on me but I can get one tonight if you'd like to see it. Cheap replacement, colour match and no dash errors!

I understand the thinking in wanting to go cheap, don't. We have over the years and chances are you will replace your bulbs 2/3 times through ownership especially the smaller LED's.

I can vouch for @t8ups, the quality of the bulbs are top notch and we have never had one fail on 3 of our cars. You will not get any errors, spend the extra £10 and get the best on offer, built to eliminate the nightmare Audi fault codes.

Reactions: pburv
I never got any errors with the fogs coming on with the headlight DRLs when car was unlocked with the bulbs unplugged on my A4. No dash errors. only time there was a issue was when I turned them on myself during driving. So the question to ask is whether the dash will flag a error with LED fogs when the car is initially unlocked.

Why bother when you may never even need to use fog lights.

Also, yellowish bulbs probably cause less reflection problems in fog than super white bulbs.

Dont worry about the pics Kieran and thanks for the help guys.
I never use the fogs while actually driving, only like to see them when i unlock the car.

After being blinded for the past two mornings, All fog lights should be ****** disconnected! twats who insist on putting them on when there's a tiny bit of mist where you can still see about 5 miles in front of you! twats!

Reactions: Psyman79, simonali, TonyH38 and 1 other person
Didnt even notice any difference in heavy fog when I put mine on. Got the white bulbs that trups does. Ended up turning them off. Only reason I changed as the yellow bulbs ruin the front of the car when unlocked.

Hi I used the pulling out the front method which is simple and instructions are in the manual for it. I was looking for LED but I went for some 35w 5000k halogen ones and they match great! I don't have a photo on me but I can get one tonight if you'd like to see it. Cheap replacement, colour match and no dash errors!
Did you use the little hub cap hook the manual suggests to remove the cover? I did a little test and was pulling quite hard but was scared to cause damage lol so canned it. Any technique to it that works well? The manual suggested putting the screwdriver through the hook ring but I didn't see the point in this when you could just pull the hook hard with your finger anyway?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Did you use the little hub cap hook the manual suggests to remove the cover? I did a little test and was pulling quite hard but was scared to cause damage lol so canned it. Any technique to it that works well? The manual suggested putting the screwdriver through the hook ring but I didn't see the point in this when you could just pull the hook hard with your finger anyway?

I was the exact same as you, I didn't use the screw driver aswell as the hook, I just put my finger through the hook and pulled (while my other hand was on the bumper resisting it). If feels wrong to pull that hard but it does literally pop out. Good luck!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I was the exact same as you, I didn't use the screw driver aswell as the hook, I just put my finger through the hook and pulled (while my other hand was on the bumper resisting it). If feels wrong to pull that hard but it does literally pop out. Good luck!
Yikes I'll just have to be a little more brave then lol! Were you removing it to change to LEDs? If so which did you use?

Yikes I'll just have to be a little more brave then lol! Were you removing it to change to LEDs? If so which did you use?
disregard, you answered that above lol

Reactions: KieranJ22
After being blinded for the past two mornings, All fog lights should be ****** disconnected! twats who insist on putting them on when there's a tiny bit of mist where you can still see about 5 miles in front of you! twats!

You're preaching my kinda sermon there, brother!

As for the A3's foglights, I dunno why they bothered. They're really weedy and are so low to the ground that they're always covered in crud anyways!

Reactions: Pook