Problems with car settings after activating battery monitor

Audigit

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hiya,

I've bought a VCDS cable and it appears that I've already managed to screw my car a little ha ha...

I've activated optical parking and battery level meter and now I have no options on my concert radio apart from battery meter and service interval display...

Omg what have I done? Ha ha

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Hope you are learning a bit of a lesson from this. Record all the changes you make. It is possible to actually screw things up permanently if you are very unlucky.
Ross Tech have done their best to help people like yourself though.
If you use file explorer and look for the Ross Tech folder on the C drive. Click into this and you should find VCDS.
Click into this and look for the Debug folder.
There is a file in there Codinglog.txt which contains information of all the coding changes made.
The module number , the previous coding and the new coding and the date and time.
There is alsoa file Adplog.txt that has the same information for adaptions.
You need to reverse the coding that you have done using the information in that log.

Hope you are learning a bit of a lesson from this. Record all the changes you make. It is possible to actually screw things up permanently if you are very unlucky.
Ross Tech have done their best to help people like yourself though.
If you use file explorer and look for the Ross Tech folder on the C drive. Click into this and you should find VCDS.
Click into this and look for the Debug folder.
There is a file in there Codinglog.txt which contains information of all the coding changes made.
The module number , the previous coding and the new coding and the date and time.
There is alsoa file Adplog.txt that has the same information for adaptions.
You need to reverse the coding that you have done using the information in that log.
Thanks for your reply and reminder that everyday life is a lesson desertstorm,

I was aware of the dangers but in my haste to start making cool things happen in the car I neglected to note down the setting before changing it. Thankfully I remembered it and reversed it but I'm baffled as to how the changes are implemented.

The coding side is simple with the help of the long code helper but I'm stumped as to the instructions on how to alter the adaptation.

The instructions said to "add 16 to the present value"... Does that mean add 16 to 65519 to make 65535 or to change the ending from 65519 to 65516?!

Thanks for the log info, that'll be absolutely vital! I appreciate any tips such as that as I'd like to become competent at VCDS to help with fitting upgrade parts.

Craig

Perfect, that's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks for taking the time to help. Shouldn't take long to get the hang of it, just teething issues. I'll read up on that link and attack the car better educated.