Facelift How straight is your line? A3 3dr Door Panel Alignment Pictures

@Bittern That won't raise the door it's the locking screw for the lift off hinges - take that out of both upper and lower hinges and you can lift the door off.

Only way to lift the door is by loosening the hinge leaf which has an over size hole, adjusting then tightening up. Typically the leaf on the door is used to set flushness and the one on the body for fore and aft and height.

Oh OK, worth a punt!

Reactions: Rob2k68
And l thought i was Anal....Jeezo...lol..the panel gaps on both sides of my are different...but as long as they are Symmetrical to either side l dont care

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
My advice would be to take it to a dealer rather than try to correct this yourself (unless you are an experienced tech/panel beater). I reckon you will not be able to hide that you have interfered with it should your efforts go pear shaped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bittern, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Looked at mine today (FL 3 door) and alignment looks perfect on both sides.

I would definitely get this looked at under warranty.

Reactions: Bittern and Rob2k68
Ours is perfect too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just a quick update guy. Mine went into Audi today to get the door alignment done, along with a couple of other problems. Now I'm pleased to say it's straight :)

IMG 4732

Reactions: richinsoton, WarwickL, Simon L and 3 others
That should of never got past QC at the factory!

Well done for getting it sorted

Reactions: Simon L, f1nny and Rob2k68
Just a quick update guy. Mine went into Audi today to get the door alignment done, along with a couple of other problems. Now I'm pleased to say it's straight :)

View attachment 106464

Good man.

It wasn't right but at least the dealer came good :)

You think that's something.

Everyone check out the aluminum frame around your 8V's door windows. A lot of these aren't aligned and they are highly noticeable if you're looking at your side mirror at the aluminum frame and see how they don't form a straight line across the doors.

You think that's something.

Everyone check out the aluminum frame around your 8V's door windows. A lot of these aren't aligned and they are highly noticeable if you're looking at your side mirror at the aluminum frame and see how they don't form a straight line across the doors.

Aluminium frame ?

I'm pleasantly surprised how well panel fit and panel gaps are done on my S3

My R had all sorts of poorly fitted panels (by my standards). Most of the MKVIs I saw were the same.

Great result F1nny, I may get my dealer to look at mine if and when it goes in for something but it wasn't as bad as yours. Did they say what they did, I guess it was adjustment to the door.

Reactions: f1nny and Rob2k68
Great result F1nny, I may get my dealer to look at mine if and when it goes in for something but it wasn't as bad as yours. Did they say what they did, I guess it was adjustment to the door.

Thanks. Yea they said they made adjustments to the door and also the front wing. Not sure what adjustments exactly though. Definitely worth taking it to the dealer though.

Old thread but I just found this on a car I'm looking at, simple adjustment or is it f'd completely.

Capture