Aargh! First blood

wideboybloke

Reaction score
Had my A4 Avant just a month and scraped it on Saturday. I was reversing out of a tight spot with sensors sounding from all 4 corners and looked at the wrong corner just long enough to bump this one. I found several videos on YouTube showing how plastic bumpers can be repaired, so I went along to my local body shop and was pleasantly surprised to be told that they can repair and respray the corner for £280. As that is less than 1% of the price I paid for the car, I think that's quite reasonable given that the scrape was entirely my fault. Accordingly the car is booked in for 8 November, although I may be offered an earlier slot as the job they are currently working on is ahead of schedule.

IMG 0994

:disrelieved: Not too bad a price to have repaired!

I feel your pain. Some considerate motorist slightly dented/scraped my Daytona Grey A4 saloon's rear wheel arch, back quarter and alloy yesterday and didn't leave a note. My local Chipsaway - Spalding/Boston (of whom I've only heard good reports) have quoted me £300 plus VAT. Gutted but i'm going to get it done.

The guy at the body shop sounded a warning note about colour matching, which I am well aware of anyway - particularly where the paint is applied to different surfaces (in this case plastic and metal). So I will take my chances on that; I just hate seeing the damage every time I look at the rear of the car.

I think I'd have been even more peeved if it was a hit and run, so you have my sympathies, Beagle. When you've done it yourself, somehow it's easier to be philosophical!

Reactions: BeagleKCH
Had the repair done a couple of days ago, as arranged. Delighted with the result - see below.

862A27D1 144A 4B59 843A EFDA5E60B1D5

Reactions: Brasso, ScottishA4B9, NickGun and 1 other person