Let's talk Canbus to control Android/Apple devices.

rcnacura

US Spec 8V
Reaction score
So for about a year I've been trying to figure out the A3's canbus signals for the mmi system. What I'm trying to tap into is all the steering wheel controls along with the center console forward/back volume button.

I'm using a joyconEXc, however have been stuck on trying to figure anything out. Anyone familiar with this at all? Existing steering control adapter boxes have not worked for me. Paser.it has only got me volume steering wheel button to work however could not help on getting more buttons to trigger. Seems as if the newer Audi's have new canbus commands from previous gen Audi/vw models.

This will be so I can have more "advanced" controls for my android device connected to the mmi.

JoyconEXc info: http://www.rcjoycon.com/base_3/menu...e1=&com_board_search_value2=&com_board_page=&

Paser unican controller: http://automotive.paser.it/en/p/293/Unican_for_Radio_with_Resistive_Learning_System/

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: DJAlix and NHN
I guess the question is, are the simulator units updated with the latest can signals to be interpreted?

This is an interesting subject.

Reactions: DJAlix and rcnacura
The A3 5F unit has 2 can bus connections, pins 6 &12 for infotainment and pins 6 & 7 for the control panel (joystick) you would need to sniff both to get all the commands, also if you get the command set from the joystick you would not need the steering wheel commands.

Reactions: DJAlix and rcnacura
Just received am arduino sniffer, now need to figure out how to use it. I think the baud rate is 500kbs.

Reactions: DJAlix
Got the sniffer, was unfortunately unable to get anything from canbus hi/lo on baud 100kbs. 500 is drivetrains and I'm able to see activity. I don't think the steering wheel and the center console is on linbus, so I suspect I'm just doing something wrong. If anyone knows more, please chime in.