S3 suspension

ron burgandy

Reaction score
hi I've fitted H and R anti roll bars front and back and eibach front pro springs to my 2011 S3 sportsback,
It does handle a lot better now
Questions is I'm finding the suspension quite harsh, is there anything I can do next to make the ride more comfortable?

hi I've fitted H and R anti roll bars front and back and eibach front pro springs to my 2011 S3 sportsback,
Questions is I'm finding the suspension quite harsh, is there anything I can do next to make the ride more comfortable?

There's always a big trade off between handling and comfort and whilst a good set of coilovers might reduce some of the chop and harshness that sort of adjustment is usually expensive.

Mine is pretty much a spine breaker now.

If your definition of comfort is less stiffness then in short the answer is no.

Did you change the dampers when changing springs? I'm not 100% on this but I guess a damper too soft for a given spring rate would be less comfortable than a damper well matched to the spring rate of the spring it is damping.

Reactions: S3Alex
I fou d ST X coilovers were a perfect balance of comfort and handling for day-to-day usage. SP are another option too, but I have not tried them.

I am thinking about Bilstein B14 kit to replace the ST, but mainly because I now want more sporty handling

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Hi yes running standard dampers which have around 42 000 miles on them. The ride was always harsh but now I dread seeing the slightest bump in the road.