Turbo to Audi S3 8l

Joao Dinis

Reaction score
Hi
Newbie here

I have an Audi S3 8l, mechanic said turbo was not very good.

I want to achieve realiable 360/370hp, realiable its important and turbo hidden like oem.

May you share your experience and give me some advice.

Hope you have deep pockets bud.

Reactions: VAG-Slag and Tj 0785
A lot off people have hybrid to sell and they say they make big power.
TTE360 is very expensive and i never see dyno from their turbo, does it works? or its just publicity?
For the money off TTE360 i i think i can buy an EFR or GTX....
AET have good result in one car. And other does anyone know the result
And there are other company with similar turbo spec:
P&M Development
Crea Racing

i want to buy something with results, thats why i need your help

You say you want something with results but the results depend on many thing like engine condition, injectors size, fmic size (iat) exhaust restrictions. Results will vary on cars with the same set up let alone different set ups people would be able to help you more with more info like you budget and what mods you have or will be doing

Reactions: Joao Dinis
TJ offcourse
my engine is good, it was rebuilt with rods and 81.5mm fitted, its the only mods.
it will have 3" exhaust, 3.5" downpipe, toyo fmic 2.5", dw fuel pump and injectors, 80mm intake (if there is something better to my goals please say)...

You will need a high flow exhaust manifold like the one that you get from badger5 with the aet hybrid or the pro4 manifold but theses always seem to crack . When I do finally get the funds together to go hybrid my self I'd be going for the aet 1 as it you can get the decent manifold with it . Like you say the tte 360 and tte390 are good but expensive I'm not saying there not worth it tho just my 2pence worth (might not be even worth that ha)

There is plenty of hybrid build threads on here have a search and a read thru for some facts n figures.im sure someone will come along soon who's been there done that n be able to help you more

Thanks TJ, exhaust manifold its another problem all tubular cracks, chinalfold some people say they dont make power...
TTE 360 probably not good just expensive, never see a dyno and tte publish a lot of dyno for other turbo...

i will be glad to hear peolple experience

Badger 5 uses a modified china fold and he made 400 bhp of the aet hybrid so must flow well don't think the chinafolds flow well Un modified tho I'm sure I read they cause misfire on cylinder 2 when in modified

I wouldn't bother with a hybrid if you wanted top 300's. GT30 at low boost, less stress on the car with the capability of more. I used to run map 4 on mine which was still 450ish I think and used to run nicely.

Reactions: daz-20vt
Remap and decat will see you at 420bhp

Reactions: VAG-Slag, scotty_24 and Gops
Sorry thought i was on the m135i forum.

Dont go hybrid. Go for a garett etc
Whats your budget mate.
Its not lots of money to go big turbo but it will be more than you potentially think

Reactions: VAG-Slag
TJ yes TT390 have results but its 3000euro, with this kind off money i can buy a garret ball bearing gtx, exhaust manifold......
for 3000euro there are a lot offer in market

does someone know this?

Asn

Asn2

the guy that sell guarantee 360hp with less than 900 egt or i dont pay (off course with all the other mods fmic, exhaust...)
but i like feedback from people

the guy that sell guarantee 360hp with less than 900 egt or i dont pay (off course with all the other mods fmic, exhaust...)
but i like feedback from people
Where is EGT being measured from as K04 is in the hotside... big turbo is normally in the downpipe and is around 100 degrees less so easy to get less than 900 degrees...

<tuffty/>

Tuffy good to know, thanks
The guy sad egt sensor must be mounted between turbine and the end off exhaust manifold. honest guy then
I dont understand why. Because i saw a lot off pictures where egt sensor is mounted in downpipe.
Its a very cheap parts

Between the turbine and manifold flange is the OE position but you would need to weld a boss onto the hotside to do this... it can be done but needs a special filler rod to be successful in welding stainless steel to cast steel

In the down pipe is fine and you then map around that by adjusting the relevant EGT maps else the EGT's would nee to be very high indeed to trigger EGT protection in the map and you don't want that...

I typically see 700-750 degrees EGT's on my setup with the probe in the DP (as close as is practicable to the outlet flange)... nudges towards 800 degrees when pushing it and this should be nearer 900 at the point the factory would measure it

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Pedrosousa and Joao Dinis