Audi a3 1.8t sport 98.

Andy82

Reaction score
I recently purchased my first audi.it is an A3 1.8t agu engine.the car has covered 105000 miles.I know very little about the car.it has had work done,a very expensive exhaust system and the only obvious engine tuning is a BOV has been fitted.there was talk of a remap but I have no proof.it does feel much more than a 150bhp car and is extremely tidy considering it is 18 years old.I did adjust the BOV thinking it only made it sound louder but since doing this the car smells strongly of petrol after a journey I wasn't aware it was a BOV until I saw it was plumbed back in to the engine and just thought it was a dump valve.how can I sort this out and also how can I find out if it has had more mods done to it and what it has had done.I want to keep this car and spend money over time to make it special.any advice is more than welcome on how to sort bov and what to do next.what is a safe level bhp wise to take this engine to as I have read that the agu engine with the right tuning can easily be tuned to 300+bhp but I would be happy around 280bhp for now or we'll over next six months.

All the answers you need are in the stickies, your going to need very deep pockets if you want to get 280-300bhp from an AGU I'm afraid.