Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

Love the chessboard effect on the mats!
I think that is his trademark, pretty cool.

Not sure how long it will last, but am sure I will not be able to replicate it

Reactions: Rob2k68, Tom.H and Audi Bairn
Delivery of my S3 Ara Blue in 17 days !!!:yahoo:
Can't wait, but I have to sell my car before !! :sos:

Reactions: Tom.H, Frazer Doe, Rob2k68 and 3 others
So quite a lot have received their cars now, what's are the plus points and bad points? I'd be particularly interested to hear from S3 owners. Build starts 16th Jan for me.

+ gear changes very smooth
+ steering weight very light
+ basic sound system good sound
+ petrol engine very quiet
+ MMI easy to use

- sports suspension a bit too firm
- car play not 100% reliable
- clutch very sensitive (I'm jittery in low gears but that's because I'm too quick to take my foot off the clutch)

Reactions: Audi Bairn, TYb and TDI-line
Delivery of my S3 Ara Blue in 17 days !!!:yahoo:
Can't wait, but I have to sell my car before !! :sos:

Im in the same boat, hopefully should have my S3 within a week, still need to get rid of current car and no interest so far on auto trader :-(... looks like the drive will be full for a while lol.

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Im in the same boat, hopefully should have my S3 within a week, still need to get rid of current car and no interest so far on auto trader :-(... looks like the drive will be full for a while lol.
Have to ask mate.....What car are you trying to sell?:friends:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, AudiNutta and pburv
Reactions: Audi Bairn, AudiNutta, Gordo77 and 1 other person
Reactions: ChivsBang and Gordo77
Hello Guys,

I'm reading the forum for a while now.
My A3 Limousine - Sport Pro Line S - Daytona Grey was build in week 46. So hopefully I get a call from the dealer within 1 or 2 weeks.
How long is the average waiting time from build week to delivery week?

Richard
Netherlands

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hi mate, how have you got the LED strips in the doors? I've just ordered a FL, so wondering what option I need to tick?

Thanks

Hi @Mark_86 ... I think @Rob2k68 replied on the other thread, so you know the answer. Well worth £200 in my opinion and if you are going for the saloon or 5 door you also get them on the back doors. The all-white LED interior is a great place to be when driving at night, especially if you go for the virtual cockpit as well. :)

Reactions: Mort66, pburv, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Hi @Mark_86 ... I think @Rob2k68 replied on the other thread, so you know the answer. Well worth £200 in my opinion and if you are going for the saloon or 5 door you also get them on the back doors. The all-white LED interior is a great place to be when driving at night, especially if you go for the virtual cockpit as well. :)

Yes, cheers mate. I've just emailed the dealer to add them... :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn, AudiNutta, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Yes, cheers mate. I've just emailed the dealer to add them... :)

I take it that's the brushed inlays - light design option? Does look nice!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and Gordo77
I take it that's the brushed inlays - light design option? Does look nice!

Yep! I had them spec'd originally, but dealer said they were just inlays with no lights. But thanks to peeps on here, found out to the contrary...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tom.H, Gordo77 and Rob2k68
Yep! I had them spec'd originally, but dealer said they were just inlays with no lights. But thanks to peeps on here, found out to the contrary...

Can't remember if I've uploaded these photos before, but just found a couple on the iPhone... obviously quite a bit of glow in the photo and I have them at max brightness.

IMG 2983

IMG 2987

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Hi ordering my facelift S3 on Monday 5door s tronic has anyone got any pictures of theirs? I've still to decide on colour and running out of time viewed nano grey and ibis but I like the red any pics?
Will be a bit of a step down in power currently got tte 420 S3 8p but I'm sure the new one will out do it in every other department

Reactions: Rob2k68
Yup you can just about see the red trim around the air vents and on the seats (which are better than expected) - was tempted for the sunroof option but don't really want to experience any problems or leaks as they're really hit and miss. But overall really happy. Just want to keep it clean and them exhaust tips! Needs a wash though (want to avoid the swirls you get with cloth)

cf1d459ab8faa1fffd00798b07c99681.jpg

50269e1154fe9d9da61a9174fa0e5a4a.jpg

Are the red vents an optional extra or do they come with the seats ?

Think the red surrounds come with an option (help me FL boys) but if your referring to the red inner blades that some have fitted then they're from the 8V RS3 Sportback.

Reactions: Rayner_1704 and pburv
Think the red surrounds come with an option (help me FL boys) but if your referring to the red inner blades that some have fitted then they're from the 8V RS3 Sportback.

I think it might be the "Audi Design Selection" option which gives you the red seat accents as well.

Reactions: Rayner_1704, pburv, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
I think it might be the "Audi Design Selection" option which gives you the red seat accents as well.
It is the design selection which also adds the vent surrounds. Not a fan personally

Reactions: Rayner_1704 and Rob2k68

I believe it's the sports seats, you have the option to go for the red trim or grey. Depends on what colour will depend on the colour around the vents.

I.e. Grey seats = grey trim.

Reactions: Rayner_1704 and Rob2k68

Yeah for £1595 bangers,with super sport seats or with Express red leather inlays on normal seats £895 these both options can be chosen no matter what exterior colour you chose

Last edited:
Reactions: Rayner_1704, pburv, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Just placed my order for an S3 FL 3dr
Black edition in ara blue

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Frazer Doe, pburv and 5 others
Oh the shame. Tomorrow is wash day.

Attachments

• 20161128_142257-1.jpg
    20161128_142257-1.jpg
    833.7 KB · Views: 418
Reactions: SPIKE_, Audi Bairn, pburv and 1 other person
Long time listener, first time caller.

Picking up an S3 Sportback in Daytona this afternoon. Do people still want pics as it's a relatively common one...?

Ordered virtual cockpit, B&O and super sport seats.

I'm counting down the hours now... changing from an A Class 2.0 Diesel so I'll prob notice an increase in power...A3 was an option when the A Class was ordered 3 years ago, but my head was turned by the Benz being so new. Very much looking forward to the swap!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Frazer Doe, pburv and 1 other person

Picking up an S3 Sportback in Daytona this afternoon. Do people still want pics as it's a relatively common one...?

I'm counting down the hours now... changing from an A Class 2.0 Diesel so I'll prob notice an increase in power...A3 was an option when the A Class was ordered 3 years ago, but my head was turned by the Benz being so new. Very much looking forward to the swap!

Yes please. Keep them coming!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, AudiNutta, pburv and 1 other person

LoL Yes of course - pics or it never happened !! ;o)

Reactions: Brasso, Audi Bairn, yoda-coo and 1 other person
Can't remember if I've uploaded these photos before, but just found a couple on the iPhone... obviously quite a bit of glow in the photo and I have them at max brightness.

View attachment 110771

View attachment 110772
Hi guys!
Just wondering if there any LED lighting up the central console/dome as I have seen in some in some A4 interior LED pics. I also remember reading it up some where as well.

Hi Guys,

Popped in to Halesowen Audi yesterday and signed paperwork, picking the S3 up tomorrow :yahoo:

I took a few quick snaps of the new TTRS, was in a rush so didn't get many but good example of Are Blue for anybody that have an Ara S3 on order. Have to say it looked amazing in the flesh.

I promise my next post will be Navarra S3 pics.

Cheers

Frazer

Attachments

• IMG_4538.JPG
    IMG_4538.JPG
    959.4 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_2840.JPG
    IMG_2840.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 363
  • IMG_5637.JPG
    IMG_5637.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,340
Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Great blue...I had hopes of Ara when the first whisper of the FL came out...but the marketing vids led me a merry dance .....not only was it not available at the time...it wasn't even available on the s-line....godddammmitttt......looking forward to seeing one ....although i suspect not for a very long time...S3's are fairly rare in these parts

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and Frazer Doe
Great blue...I had hopes of Ara when the first whisper of the FL came out...but the marketing vids led me a merry dance .....not only was it not available at the time...it wasn't even available on the s-line....godddammmitttt......looking forward to seeing one ....although i suspect not for a very long time...S3's are fairly rare in these parts

Hi @moonlight

I really didn't think I liked this colour until I saw it in the flesh, I still very happy with Navarra, but if I had of seen this prior to ordering it would have definitely been in the mix.

It looked great under the showroom lights.

Cheers

Frazer

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68 and Audi Bairn
Damn. That's left me with a problem. I've spec'd Daytona Grey with the SS Seats with red stitching. Do I change to Ara blue with SS seats with the grey stitching now? Ohhh nooooo!!!! I still have time to change it...

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and Frazer Doe
@Mark_86

Tough call, I'd definitely recommend popping in to your local dealership to see if they have any Ara blue in the showroom.

When I first saw the S3 FL paint options in the brochure I was a little underwhelmed, however, the more I see in the flesh I think they are all really strong colours and quite dynamic in different lighting.

Keep us posted which one you go for.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and Mark_86

Pics or you get run out of town! lol

Congrats on the new (almost) arrival.

Reactions: Rob2k68, azibux1 and yoda-coo
Very eye catching.....Daytona v Ara...pffft...tough call...two totally different colours and paints...having owned Daytona previously....I still prefer it...Ara is a very close second....IMO blue beats grey...but Daytona is a sublime grey

3 hours to go.... 5pm?!?! Joke of a time to collect it. It'll be dark!

Reactions: AudiNutta, Rob2k68 and Mark_86
3 hours to go.... 5pm?!?! Joke of a time to collect it. It'll be dark!

but light in the morning...

I have changed mine in June for quite some time but had to push into October for this one which now means October every 3 years...I had 1 hour of light with mine and then to work the next day...and it rained.....still managed to open the roof up almost every day...thus far...albeit not for long!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rob2k68

My god Sepang looks so yesterday lol

Sepang is beaut...no question....not feeling it on the TT though...maybe its the lighting...I had red leather on a black MKI and adored it...red and blue...juries out for me...probably stunning in the flesh!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68