S3 Exhaust system

JagdevS3

Professional Tatter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Right,

I am currently running a standard system with a decat pipe on my S3

I'm after a bit of an upgrade, any ideas on what to go for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milltek non res is a popular choice and sounds good with 3" dp and decat

Reactions: Mav190sline and JagdevS3
I have the above set up. I was worried it might be a bit loud and Chavvy but to be honest it is fairly quiet under normal driving conditions. It is louder when Giving it the beans but a nice loud if you get what I mean.

I have the above set up. I was worried it might be a bit loud and Chavvy but to be honest it is fairly quiet under normal driving conditions. It is louder when Giving it the beans but a nice loud if you get what I mean.

Yeah I was worried about the chav factor as well, how much was yours?

Reactions: Tj 0785
Yeah I was worried about the chav factor as well, how much was yours?

If your ever round Surrey/Hants way you can have a listen if you like. Otherwise I'm sure there are members nearer to you with this set up that wouldn't mind helping out.
Think from memory it's about £520, you could look for a second hand one but they are quite sought after and sell quite quickly mate

Here's a short clip of mine, no action shots though but hopefully it gives an idea of how it sounds

Steve

Reactions: IPG
That's louder than mine but I have standard manifold and sports cat rather than decat.

Sounds good though Steve

Will try and get a sample of mine tonight or tomorrow if that helps

Mark

You can't really hear it too much inside the car tbh, untill it's driven properly and even then it's not loud.

I tried a Magnex cat back before the Milltek and that thing was really loud so it didn't stay on long lol

True gops but that is nearly double the price of the milltek. It's very nice but is it "twice as nice" (que garage music)

Milltek systems are good for what they are. When i had stage 2 i was custom 3" to a milltek back box. That box was the restriction really, the internals are small. A good system 3" able to flow will always be the ultimate.

True gops but that is nearly double the price of the milltek. It's very nice but is it "twice as nice" (que garage music)

May I ask where you can get milltek for that price? Zinram exhaust was 650 euro and my ebay searches for milltek was around 630 euro (530 pounds).

Milltek systems are good for what they are. When i had stage 2 i was custom 3" to a milltek back box. That box was the restriction really, the internals are small. A good system 3" able to flow will always be the ultimate.

It's all about the flow

I used gops link above for the price of the zinram @1200 euros so milltek @ 630 is half the price

Hmm, they sell 3 version at this site.

Upload 2016 7 14 23 33 42

The 1200 euros one says: - direct from the manufacturer Complete with control. Flip closed subtle sound, with open flap fireworks! (Google Translate ftw) Seems like a modification on the backbox for more sound if you want.

Upload 2016 7 14 23 48 31

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, they sell 3 version at this site.

View attachment 96961
The 1200 euros one says: - direct from the manufacturer Complete with control. Flip closed subtle sound, with open flap fireworks! (Google Translate ftw) Seems like a modification on the backbox for more sound if you want.

View attachment 96963

I've been looking at these for my s3 and a custom 3" pipewerx system I like the look of the zinram system they have a few videos on you tube, can't see one of an 8l s3 though

The zinram one is similar to the one bill made for me. Zinram changed the design recently, they added on the exhaust flap coincidently after bill made one for me lol. You need it for the drone.

The zinram one is similar to the one bill made for me. Zinram changed the design recently, they added on the exhaust flap coincidently after bill made one for me lol. You need it for the drone.

Yea I was thinking of getting the one with the flap as I do a lot of motorway miles do you know how the flap is operated

Yea I was thinking of getting the one with the flap as I do a lot of motorway miles do you know how the flap is operated

It's opperated with boost pressure via a built in actuator. It needs a vac line installing to the bypass valve on the exhauat so it only opens on boost

Reactions: SHUk and dusty

Hi gops how does the zinram system compare to the one bill made for you price wise if you don't mind me asking

Hi gops how does the zinram system compare to the one bill made for you price wise if you don't mind me asking

Bare in mind that zinram have a jig to make these, bill fabricates them from scratch every time so the labour costs will be higher. Bill doesn't make exhausts unless its part of the build due to the time it takes also. I remember him telling me the back box tips took him 1 full day on a previous build.

Reactions: dusty
Has anyone here used a 76mm Zinram exhaust on an 8L? I've ordered one (4 week wait) as they seemed like the next best option to custom built but I haven't yet found anyone else using one on an 8L and wanted to know how loud they are

Steve

Reactions: Alex C
Has anyone here used a 76mm Zinram exhaust on an 8L? I've ordered one (4 week wait) as they seemed like the next best option to custom built but I haven't yet found anyone else using one on an 8L and wanted to know how loud they are

Steve

Hi Steve have you ordered the system with the flaps in the tail pipe or the other, I'm saving for the one with the flaps hoping to order it next month I've not been able to find any videos of an s3 8l either with the system on, there 3" dp looks like a nice bit of kit too

Hi Steve have you ordered the system with the flaps in the tail pipe or the other, I'm saving for the one with the flaps hoping to order it next month I've not been able to find any videos of an s3 8l either with the system on, there 3" dp looks like a nice bit of kit too

It's the one without the flap valve for 650€, the other one is a little too pricey for me tbh I was planning on having a custom one built but that didn't go to plan and this is a good price imo and it looks like it should flow nicely. The only thing that worries me is if it has a horrid droning noise

Yes, their downpipe does look good aswell

Steve

Hi,

So I have followed an RS4 and a Sporty Mini which both had crackles, pops and bangs in-between gear changes and on an overrun is that due to a de-cat or something else? I don't get that on my standard back box and 3 inch DP with 200 cell sports cat, although it is either louder than previous stock or leaking / blowing. :)

Last edited:

Steve

What do you think of the exhaust any good?

What do you think of the exhaust any good?

I'm really happy with it tbh, it's good price, well made, fits nicely and it flows well, oh and It sounds really good too

On the downside it's slightly louder than I would of liked and usually has a slight drone between 3-4k (I fitted it a little too close to the rear sub frame which needs adjusting a smidge, my fault) as it's in 4 sections there's plenty of adjustment which also makes it nice and easy to fit It took around five weeks from ordering it to delivery, I believe they make them to order.

1f219a0606cc2214e3af4a8cc6fd355f.jpg

0420d409bc99cebe03bbda230f0a67e0.jpg

Steve

Reactions: Alex C and Tj 0785
Boys for that amount of money (1200 euros) i've been quoted
Custom Twin Scroll Tubular Manifold for my TD05HR 16G 10.5T
Custom 3" Downpipe with full 3" to the back plus resonator for quiet and more aggressive deeper tone in all ranges of revving plus Japanese O tip side angle type of style.
All professionally made with high class materials.

Mine is currently full stock and i love the voice of it, never heard stock S3 sounded like mine, seems like they're quieter and is not same thick rumble sound.
From outside standing, coming through mid range changing gears when boost just kicks in, her voice sounds like super aggressive beast especially when the DV Valve cuts off, damn sexy. Scares people tho, i've seen some how jump. Every mall, parking lot cars hates me, that thick aggressive voice wakes up every single alarm. In just 2-3k of revving and that turbo spool in the echo's oww man.
Can't wait putting her in for the custom work and hear what it sounds like after.
I'll return back to stock if doesn't compare to what's now tho.

https://m.facebook.com/JS-design-66...BG#!/JS-design-660759623990520/?locale2=bg_BG
Check this guy!

And just got some custom "sharky" vents for only 40 pounds with fixing all the broken spots from LOw LiFE style and faded number spot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Get 3" straight through but add a power valve and a silencer at the end. They either work off of a switch or boost pressure switch. You get best of both worlds mine sounds like a standard s3 when the valves shut but when I open it oooooooo the noise !

Reactions: killfame
Boys for that amount of money (1200 euros) i've been quoted
Custom Twin Scroll Tubular Manifold for my TD05HR 16G 10.5T
Custom 3" Downpipe with full 3" to the back plus resonator for quiet and more aggressive deeper tone in all ranges of revving plus Japanese O tip side angle type of style.
All professionally made with high class materials.

Mine is currently full stock and i love the voice of it, never heard stock S3 sounded like mine, seems like they're quieter and is not same thick rumble sound.
From outside standing, coming through mid range changing gears when boost just kicks in, her voice sounds like super aggressive beast especially when the DV Valve cuts off, damn sexy. Scares people tho, i've seen some how jump. Every mall, parking lot cars hates me, that thick aggressive voice wakes up every single alarm. In just 2-3k of revving and that turbo spool in the echo's oww man.
Can't wait putting her in for the custom work and hear what it sounds like after.
I'll return back to stock if doesn't compare to what's now tho.

https://m.facebook.com/JS-design-66...BG#!/JS-design-660759623990520/?locale2=bg_BG
Check this guy!

And just got some custom "sharky" vents for only 40 pounds with fixing all the broken spots from LOw LiFE style and faded number spot.

Were talking about the 650 euro one, the custom should be better than stock tho

Last edited:
Reactions: killfame
Were talking about the 650 euro one, the custom should be better than stock tho

I made reference for 1200euro one that's absurd, it is too much even for bolt on version.
And yes, the setup i'm going with should make great voice out of it.

Dipping between Zinram 90mm and the one with the flipflaps, anyone have something to share on the two? Experiences or a video?

Will the flaps open when just revving it?

Dipping between Zinram 90mm and the one with the flipflaps, anyone have something to share on the two? Experiences or a video?

Will the flaps open when just revving it?

Flap would only open on boost so depends how hard you rev it (No idea what spring rate they use in their valves)

Here's a short vid of my 76mm version so neither of the ones you're asking about lol. I do wish I'd gone for the 90mm version but probably would have had clearence issues somewhere anyway

Reactions: Solberg
Hmm thanks for input, had to watch it a 20 ish times, sounds good :)

Why do you wish you didnt go for 90mm?

Reactions: S3 Hilife