Brake discs and pads for standard 18s ?

Hookmonster

Reaction score
Looking at upgrading the brake disks and pads.. ive got standard 18s..on my 2010 sportback s3

Whats the best disk / pads combination.. i dont do track and to be honest not that fast on the road... but stage 2+ makes bends arrive quite quickly..

Reactions: MICHAEL PARKER and Carlos85
Id like to find some discs that also dont look rusty aftet a few months... as well as stop a train.

http://www.mtecbrakes.com/

Have a look here. I rate them highly. I will be putting them on my A3 when it comes to replacing them, but I use them on my 2.0 Turbo Astra running 360bhp, and can't fault them.

Reactions: DJ_26, Carlos85 and Chrishuddie
bumping this thread save starting new ones all over the shop....

currently S2+ on my S3. Have brembo blanks from GSF with ferrodo ds2500 pads. been really happy with this setup, great braking once warmed up. However, I think the discs are now warped, as they'll vibrate quite a lot when braking at motorway speeds and above.

So just after recommendations on discs please. I'm on 18's and don't want spacers so haven't gone down the TTRS setup or other bigger discs. Not into how they look, so only interested in drilled/grooved if there's a performance/engineering reason to do so (drilled just end up cracking dont they?).

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Hookmonster
I'm interested too for my 2005 2.0 TFSI Sportback. The rear discs are quite worn out and so are the break pads .

I mostly drive city and motorways occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run vagbremtecknic J hooked disks and tarox strada pads along with braided lines in my 2+ S3 and the breaking is much improved over standard ,plus the J hooks look decent

Interested in this.
Want decent upgrade over standard but also pads that don't make too much of a mess with brake dust.

EBC_Redstuff_scale.jpg

When I changed my suspension on my Audi S3 8P to Bilstein B14, I also changed the front brakes as these were already worn.

Installed some Tarox F2000 discs with tarox Strada Pads (bought this as a pack from Demon Tweeks). Also installed Goodridge Braided lines and Motul RBF600 braking oil.

And I can tell you that until now I am very pleased. Only done about 3.000 miles with this set, but as I said, feels quite good.´

I don't do track days, only fast road driving. I believe that if you do track your car, maybe a BBK will be the way to go. I can be costly, but so is changing your discs every once in a while because they keep warping.

But since you already are at stage 2+, I would personaly try to get a BBK. Maybe upgrade to TT-RS braking system. In this case, you need to see if there is enough clearance from calipers - wheel, or if spacers are needed.