Lighting Package

Adam Russell

Reaction score
i have replaced my whole interior for one out of an S4 (non recaro) including door cards, the S4 had the lighting package and mine originally didnt. question is how do i get the lights in the door cards to work?

They have to be wired into the required modules, Bit of a pain but there is a guide on here somewhere. The light holders, connectors, bulbs, wiring etc costs quite a bit alone.
I was quoted nearly £100 for the front doors alone including fitting.

i already have all the holders and everything came in the secondhand door cards i bought

Then you need the connectors and make up your own looms or get someone on here to make and sell you a set?

Yeah I forgot about that. Unless you already have hidden menu enabled you will need someone to code it in.
That is if they are able to be toggled on your system.
Thanks for the reminder!

You can turn them on with vcds, I did the same thing recently

i have carsista, and have enabled hidden menu, also foot well lighting in the footwells(as my new seats had it in the rears) just bags me who the ones in the new door cards art working as i have the nice handle glow ones aswell

You can turn them on with vcds, I did the same thing recently

His car previously didn't have it, It won't have the wiring to the modules required to light it up, Activating it via vcds isn't the only thing required.

@Adam Russell get someone with Elsa to get you the diagrams and wire them up yourself, or pay someone to do it for you if you can't.

I can do the fitment if of interest, whereabouts are you located?

just to be clear, i didn't have the light package they guy i bought the interior off left all the wires switches and lights in the door cards, so essentially i have everything from the light package door card wise but they just don't light uptime in berkshire

I know that but you still need to wire it into your car and code it, If you don't understand that I would be getting someone to retrofit it for you, NHN offered to fit it, give him a message.

Reactions: NHN
Ping me a Pm so we can discuss further :)

Thanks lads for the words.