alloy damaged

northeastdave

Reaction score
Hi all, just managed to kerb my front alloy this morning, going to
Teeside Audi on Monday for them to price up, can anyone recommend a good refurbisher for diamond cut alloys in Teeside. looking on old threads Andi I was quoting £65
S1 Alloy

Ouch, that's not looking so good.

Nasty. I'd also be concerned about that L shaped Nick in the sidewall on the chevrons. Looks like the tyre took a good hit as well.

Hi
I just sold my S1 but live in Billingham my mate has just had a repair on his diamond cut alloy wheel.
I will ask him.
I've just taken insurance out on my new Tts!!!

If you need a new tyre before I sold mine i had to buy one due to a nail in side wall.
I paid £120 all in from C&S tyres in Middlesbrough for the standard fir Bridgestone.

Hi, thanks for the help and advice, i was recommended RS Alloys in Hartlepool, a friend had his done, looked as good as new, so I'm booked in Monday for the repair, as for the tyre it was on the so called rim protector only about 1mm deep stuck back down with superglue.
so wish i had taken the insurance, i have on my previous cars , don't know why i didn't.

My friend had the insurance and they repaired the wheel to a awful standard

Finally got it sorted, it took 3 attempts though, first it came back satin, then back in for a matt finish, still not exact and they left a rough finish internally, finally got it very close and after a few days it has flattened even more so i am quite pleased with the result, reasonably priced at £80 but the time i took to get it back and forth cost me more than dropping it in at the local dealer. Will go to Audi next time though for a refurb from them

Glad you got it sorted in the end.... I took out the Audi alloy wheel insurance, my wife has it on hers and they did a great job making it look good as new.