Quick S3 Topmount Question

Top ones are the top mounts yes, bought some of these when I got my coilovers a couple of months back mate, what's the bottom one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HansfishS3
The bottom ones are the bearings , am I right in thinking the new mounts don't come with them?

The bottom rubber bearings that sit on the coil? My top mounts came with them yes mate

Ah right and you ordered the same ones? Will get these ordered....hopefully stop the knocking!

Have you got coilovers fitted? Sometimes they just need a right good tighten at the top, if there standard then yes it should be that, yes I have Q-drive on mine pal

Nah suspension is completely standard....hopefully a simple fix

Knocking from the front end is usually the top mounts yeah, sure it will be an easy fix pal

Hopefully not steering rack:frown new:. I replaced top mounts, poly-bushed everything else and re-tightened sub frame bolts. Knocking still there.
New rack fitted and all good now. Good luck.

I put RS3 OEM Front and rear top mounts, top nuts, mount bolts and thrust bearings (not need for rear) on my S3 8p and they were almost £170... RS3 actually cheaper than OEM S3 TM's...

Are those ECP ones gonna be any good for £40 @HanfishS3?!

Reactions: kash_v
Well I assume they are OEM quality ? Have you got a part number/link to the rs3 ones? Are they much better?

Possibly OEM quality, but that seems like quite a difference in price to me...

When I researched this for mine, the advice was go RS3 as they fit, are cheaper than S3 and are RS spec... whether this makes a difference, or whether they are different in build to the S3, or in fact whether I can even feel it, is another matter! Personally, I thought why not, the suspension is pretty important,and the car was a bit sloppy I felt, so anything to improve that, I was happy to try.

I don't have part numbers as I went through the parts request on here, speak to Mike, he is the man for OEM stuff and it arrived super quick.