Find me Springs and Spacers please!

MagpieMatt

Reaction score
Hi

Ive been looking for a set of lowering springs for my B8, ideally i wanted the H&R OE Sport Springs but recently found out they don't sell them over here in the UK compared to the U.S and from my understanding the closest thing to them over here are the 30mm all round.

Ive been scouting the web for a while and spoke to a few people, With my B8 being a 2010 TFSI 1.8 120ps FWD I've been struggling to fine a set. People have told me the ones for avants, AWD etc won't fit.

Ive got some RS6 alloys 19x8.5 ET45 wrapped in 255/35/19 and I'm wanting to put some 10mm Hub Spacers to make them ET35.

So does anyone have a genuine source where i can get a set of 30mm springs & 10mm Hub Spacers from please?

Many thanks!

Forum Sponsor - DPM Performance will sort you out, drop him a message.

JG

Reactions: DPM and xpoweruk
Reactions: DPM
I have eibachs on my saloon and seen a few on avants. If you go for the sportlines it's a lower drop and is more noticeable on the s line. Check out @dsports thread on his avant.
Here's mine...

I have eibachs on my saloon and seen a few on avants. If you go for the sportlines it's a lower drop and is more noticeable on the s line. Check out @dsports thread on his avant.
Here's mine...
What is the ride like?
Use my avant for the family wagon too so can't have anything too harsh or stupid low.

Thanks

What is the ride like?
Use my avant for the family wagon too so can't have anything too harsh or stupid low.

Thanks
I personally find the ride better than the s line suspension but it's not too much of a difference. Corners better. Get over speed bumps fine with no scraping at all. I have 19" wheel by the way in case that makes a difference. Just the right amount of low IMO. Closes the wheel arch gap up nicely

Excellent. Sounds like I need sportline springs (that what yours are?) in that case. Are they listed as a 30mm drop?

I bought the eibach sport line for my sline, it's dropped it a bit and it's made it a little stiffer in corners, doesn't ride any different to stock though during normal round town driving
That's on 8.5 19" et35 255/35 tyres, no rubbing at all

Last edited:
I bought the eibach sport line for my sline, it's dropped it a bit and it's made it a little stiffer in corners, doesn't ride any different to stock though during normal round town driving
That's on 8.5 19" et35 255/35 tyres, no rubbing at all
View attachment 100165
Thanks mate!

That's what I'm looking for, as close to oem ride quality in terms of stiffness ,better cornering etc is nice but hardly a must have for a measly 180hp, and hopefully not bone jarring but still closing that arch gap.

I'll get some ordered up ASAP. seen them listed as a 45/35mm drop. Hopefully that does the job!

Would be interested to see an avant with sportline springs to see how they sit.

John

No worries,I ordered mine from Germany for £148, they got delivered in 2 days, I'll put up the item number

Thanks mate. Didn't realise avant and saloon were the same part number.

I'm gonna have to take the plunge I think!

Yeah mine are the sportlines. 45/35 drop I think it was. Same as @ScottS I bought mine from Germany for a similar price. Order yourself a pair, you won't regret it. As before if you want to see an avant with sportlines springs look at @Dsport thread. I'll try get the link

Reactions: Dsport
Hi, can anyone tell me what is the difference between the Eibach Pro Kit and the Eibach Sportline kit?

Thanks in advance

Thanks, I'm not very clued up on this sort of stuff. Always why I'm so hesitant when coming to order things.

What drop did you end up getting and was it noticeably different over the sport suspension on the S-Line? Did it still ride okay?

What drop did you end up getting and was it noticeably different over the sport suspension on the S-Line? Did it still ride okay?
Yeah it was a noticeable drop over s-line. Just the right amount of low. Doesn't scrape speed bumps, handles better round corners with less roll, same if not better ride comfort and closes the wheel arch gap up nicely with my 19" wheels

Here's mine..

And here it is next to an a5 on standard s line suspension

Reactions: xpoweruk
That does look good! Thanks for the help mate :grin:

Reactions: xpoweruk