thinking of buying

l66hod

Reaction score
hi all,

new to this forum and would like some advice...

ive been offered a W reg A3 1.8t quattro dragon green full service history 1 owner from new.. for £ 3995.00

What do i need to look for problem wise... im not sure its a quattro as well is there a quick way of checking as im a bit of a newbie... and stupid..lol

The car hase full leather looks in mint condition. only one key (what would be the price of another) no rust or dent that ive seen.. It does say quattro on the glove box.. but you never know..

Hope you can help.. all the advice i get would be good...

thanks

lee.

I guess you could check if the rear has drive shafts going to it, or check the engine code which would tell you it's a 180BHP which would make it a Quattro.

How many miles has it done?
Check the sticky at the top for the S3 as that contains what to look for.

If you look for the Vehicle Data Sticker (either inside the front cover of the service record book, or inside the spare wheel well); there will be two easy(ish) ways to find out if it's Quattro or not...

1) The engine output will be shown in killowatts. Convert to BHP and if it's 150 it's front-wheel drive, if it's 180 it's Quattro.

2) There will be a field for "Model/Sales Type"; it'll be six characters and will start 8L; if you post the rest of that I can check for you...

Regards,

Rob.

its got 86,000 on it..

does this seem a good price.

Thanks Rob will check and put up the results..

hi,

Got the readings it says..

132KW

8L1 B9N

hope this helps..

so is this the 150 or the 180 bhp and FWD or Quattro..

thanks

lee.

132KW looks like it converts to 177.01BHP so I would say it's a 180BHP Quattro, just like it should be.

Jon

thanks for that.. picking it up in the mornin...

will post some pics.. then request some mods.

thanks all for your help.