Continental Sport Contact 6

davc

1-2-4-5-3
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My fronts are needing changed and I'm thinking about these to replace the 5P's was wondering if anyone has tried them.

From what I've read this is a better tyre than the 5P which I've found to be rather good.

My other option is the GY Assy 3 which are about £15 more per tyre but not sure about what the wear rate on them is like compared to the Contis.

My car had done 18.5k miles on this set.

Cheers.

Hi guys,

My fronts are needing changed and I'm thinking about these to replace the 5P's was wondering if anyone has tried them.

From what I've read this is a better tyre than the 5P which I've found to be rather good.

My other option is the GY Assy 3 which are about £15 more per tyre but not sure about what the wear rate on them is like compared to the Contis.

My car had done 18.5k miles on this set.

Cheers.
If you've managed 18500 miles on contact 5's you must drive like a parish priest lol l have done 13000 miles and they look ******** and will need changing very soon,l won't go near conti's again,Goodyear or Pzero's can't go wrong l managed 22000 miles on my Focus ST with Goodyear assy 3's

Reactions: Simon L, pburv and davc
Mine's on 13K and the fronts are shagged. Only a 1.4, too! I'll be getting Michelins next, hopefully they'll be quieter than the Continentals...

Much the same story as the 5's poor wear.

2016 05 31 045202

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Continental/Sport-Contact-6.htm

Get the Goodyears .

Reactions: Jassyo06
I fitted Michelin PS3's to the front of my S3 when they went, good all round grip both wet and dry and nice and quiet. Were as good as if not better than the Conti's

I never rated the conti's at all, if anything there is just too much road noise of them and there are far better tryes out there for less money.

Uniroyal rain sports 3 or Goodyear eagle F1s would be my choice.

I had a Clio 197 once that had SC3s on it. It was on its fourth front set at 27K miles!

New civic type r's come with these from factory.
And so the sales man told me that, they are a track based tyre and only good for 6k and he wouldn't take anyone out for a test drive in the wet!

Good Job I brought an S3 and not listen to him!

SC 6 won't last long for sure but Conti Force Contact is the Continental track based tyre and probably even less resistant to wear .

Continental Conti Force Contact .

contiforcecontact-tire-image.png

Reactions: Rob2k68
SC 6 won't last long for sure but Conti Force Contact is the Continental track based tyre and probably even less resistant to wear .

Continental Conti Force Contact .

contiforcecontact-tire-image.png
Pretty looking fella though!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
I never rated the conti's at all, if anything there is just too much road noise of them and there are far better tryes out there for less money.

Uniroyal rain sports 3 or Goodyear eagle F1s would be my choice.

Uniroyal rain sport 3 would be my 2p worth too. Had them on TTS found them awesome in the wet, not too loud and wore not too bad.
Think they were £55 each on camskill site, then £10 fitting at local garage.

If you've managed 18500 miles on contact 5's you must drive like a parish priest lol l have done 13000 miles and they look ******** and will need changing very soon,l won't go near conti's again,Goodyear or Pzero's can't go wrong l managed 22000 miles on my Focus ST with Goodyear assy 3's

Hahahaha. My car had 9.5k on the clock when I bought it and have covered the other 9k since then. I've done some serious cornering in it so hardly driving it like a granny. I'm surprised myself at the wear rate.

Uniroyal rain sport 3 would be my 2p worth too. Had them on TTS found them awesome in the wet, not too loud and wore not too bad.
Think they were £55 each on camskill site, then £10 fitting at local garage.

Surprised to hear the RS3's (tyres not car lol) are that highly rated. I ran RS2's a few years ago but found the sidewalls were soft, I guess the 3's are better.

My tyre place suggested Falken FK510's but they are so new there aren't many reviews on them yet. I ran a set of FK453 on my 8P and really liked them, they were good in the wet.

I might just get the Assy 3's from Camskill and get my local place to fit them.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Reactions: Jassyo06
My tyre place suggested Falken FK510's but they are so new there aren't many reviews on them yet. I ran a set of FK453 on my 8P and really liked them, they were good in the wet.

I might just get the Assy 3's from Camskill and get my local place to fit them.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I had the FK453's on my 8P, never had the benefit of them as I had to change in a year (alignment was so bad they got worn inside to the wire :/) ended up with F1's and wow did they change the car!

Never had luck with Pirelli and the current Conti's on my 8V are nothing special.

Not sure what to do as mine are due soon, so let us know how you get on! (Wet, dry, road comfort, grip!) - I never knew there's an Asymmetric 3 out!

So after hearing some really positive reviews, I stuck a pair of Falken FK510's on the front to try them.

They are awesome in the wet and so much quieter than the Conti's. Compared to the F1's they were £100 cheaper for the pair so can't really complain.

Reactions: pburv
My local tyre place has sold a good few sets of these, the guy that runs it put a set on his own car and says he can't fault them.

His other customers are saying the same. I've put 400 miles on mine already and I think they're great.

I'll be sticking a pair on the rear when they're done.

I've gotta say that the Sport Contact 5 that came on the car have lasted me 17000miles and they are just down to about 3mm. Gonna change them to either Michelin Pilot Sport 4 orEagle F1Asymmetric 3. The Pilot are £75 more for 4 fitted but seem to be rated higher on tyre tests.
I honestly can't fault the Contis though, I came from a Subaru WRX after 8 years and I drive the S3 harder because I do Launch Control everywhere! My lad loves it, 6 times on the way home the other day. I'm now lighting up all four tyres in Launch Control in the dry! Literally have to let off the gas to stop them smoking..it leaves a cloud of tyre smoke! Figured I may aswell use them up before I swap them lol.
I go on 'runs' out in the countryside with other petrolheads and they have just performed great!
I really have driven them hard and yet I've got 17k out of them, only changing because there's only £35 difference between the Conti and the Pilot 4 so may aswell have a punt.

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
I've gotta say that the Sport Contact 5 that came on the car have lasted me 17000miles and they are just down to about 3mm. Gonna change them to either Michelin Pilot Sport 4 orEagle F1Asymmetric 3. The Pilot are £75 more for 4 fitted but seem to be rated higher on tyre tests.
I honestly can't fault the Contis though, I came from a Subaru WRX after 8 years and I drive the S3 harder because I do Launch Control everywhere! My lad loves it, 6 times on the way home the other day. I'm now lighting up all four tyres in Launch Control in the dry! Literally have to let off the gas to stop them smoking..it leaves a cloud of tyre smoke! Figured I may aswell use them up before I swap them lol.
I go on 'runs' out in the countryside with other petrolheads and they have just performed great!
I really have driven them hard and yet I've got 17k out of them, only changing because there's only £35 difference between the Conti and the Pilot 4 so may aswell have a punt.

Gotta say I agree mate................there's some tyre geeks on here for sure!! lol No complaints on the Contis here either..........lot of song n dance over some round rubbery things, couldn't care a monkeys meself.

Reactions: Jassyo06, SmileyS3, davc and 1 other person
Gotta say I agree mate................there's some tyre geeks on here for sure!! lol No complaints on the Contis here either..........lot of song n dance over some round rubbery things, couldn't care a monkeys meself.

Hey Ballus Bagus....by the time your tyres need replacing with the mileage you do ....its the next owner who will replacing them,LOL..Pzeros for me around November

Reactions: batch, SpeedyFrog and Simon L
I fitted Michelin PS3's to the front of my S3 when they went, good all round grip both wet and dry and nice and quiet. Were as good as if not better than the Conti's
Plus one

Had Contact 5 on my RS250 when I bough it, dam dangerous IMO, couldn't wait to get Michelins on it Super Sports being the pick of the bunch

Hey Ballus Bagus....by the time your tyres need replacing with the mileage you do ....its the next owner who will replacing them,LOL..Pzeros for me around November

I knew it was coming mate.........................just surprised it took you so long!! lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Jassyo06
I knew it was coming mate.........................just surprised it took you so long!! lol

LOL New tyres are way down on my priority list...l just clicked on this thread out a boredom...lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Simon L
Guys trust me do not under-estimate Nexen N8000 fantastic tyres A4 s line and A6 allroad both running 19's. Great grip low noise loads of miles out of them and side walls ar XL

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk