Audi dealership servicing, can they be trusted?

vwnige

Reaction score
I have a B6 1.9TDI 03 plate

The previous owner has really looked after it and i would like to continue to do that..

The car will due an Oil and Filter change over the next couple of 1000 miles and i am tempted by the local dealership as its only 10 mins away..

I used the local VW place many times over the years and they always looked after me because they knew me but it recently closed

What is the reputation of Audi dealership servicing and can they be trusted ?

Thanks for any feedback.

No matter where you take it its all about trust .. As you lost the place where you took it who you could trust you've got to find someone else so it's all down to you.. Maybe try service it your self it's not that hard then that way you no it's done

i have had vw audi cars for over 20 years and in that time
i have never found a dealer i have been totally happy with , this is why i started learning to do things myself

Reactions: spartacus68 and DieselJake
i have had vw audi cars for over 20 years and in that time
i have never found a dealer i have been totally happy with , this is why i started learning to do things myself
Ido my own filters and oil changes anything major I take it to my local idependent Audi dealers good lads and I trust them, some years ago I had an Audi A3 and it had a engine rumble and it turned out to be an engine mount, my local Audi dealship charged me nearly £300with the part costing £24 the rest was labor.

I had a similar experience, got some RS4 pedals which were a pain to fit. Had the car serviced at a main dealer (vastly overpriced) and asked if they could put the pedals on too... which I thought they would do included with the service cost but I ended up with a bill for an extra £100 just to fit them.

Took three days for them to service the car (although they did give me a new car to drive about in during this time which was only an extra £25).

They also said "with the amount of things wrong with this car we shouldn't really stamp the service book" cheeky gits. Gave a two page document of all the cars faults including silly things like minor scratches, wheel curbing and supposedly having replica wheels asking if I would like to pay £3,000+ for these "issues" to be rectified, no thanks!

This is a dilemma I have. 2012 audi from the dealer, with 1 years warranty. Oil change due in around 7k miles.

I know cars inside out having built many, so a oil change is no issue. But its the stamp of the garage is what most people would rather see IF I came to sell the car.

Oil and a filter is about £30 from a dealer, so hardly extortionate, and its 30mins to change on the drive at home.

This is a dilemma I have. 2012 audi from the dealer, with 1 years warranty. Oil change due in around 7k miles.

I know cars inside out having built many, so a oil change is no issue. But its the stamp of the garage is what most people would rather see IF I came to sell the car.

Oil and a filter is about £30 from a dealer, so hardly extortionate, and its 30mins to change on the drive at home.
I do my own oil and filters brakes and calipers but anything serious I use my local independent Audi dealers and they also stamp the book like when I had the cam belt done and recently gearbox oil change good lads they do RS4,s and 6,s so know there stuff.

My belt is due aswell soon :( Since car is 4 year old and no evidence of it being done. I know parts are only £125 for the job on a 2.0 TDI, so the rest is labour. All depends who to trust.

If a stealer sees an 03 they will sprinkle iron filings into the oil filer and do a happy dance to ensure you buy newer .

I have a B6 1.9TDI 03 plate

The previous owner has really looked after it and i would like to continue to do that..

The car will due an Oil and Filter change over the next couple of 1000 miles and i am tempted by the local dealership as its only 10 mins away..

I used the local VW place many times over the years and they always looked after me because they knew me but it recently closed

What is the reputation of Audi dealership servicing and can they be trusted ?

Thanks for any feedback.
yes it is the belt plus new water pump and carriers, mine with the labor for the 2.5tdi was £1200 ish but I think that was with a remap which mad a hell of a difference.