sucking noise from oil cap?

Majic

Reaction score
Hey All!

So today ive replaced my filter with pipercross panel one.

Than i go switch on the engine and i hear quite loud sucking noise coming from oil cap.

Now. Is this panel filter doing that? Was this always like that and i`m paranoid or what?

its 1.8t bex

I`ll upload video soon.

Dose the sound go away if you undo the cap

Went and tried to take the cap of and i cant. It turned than i had a sound like opening a can of soda and the cap dont want to come of. Its loose but wont come of.

Well ok. Cap comes off with engine off :). Gasket looks really bad, collapsed. On the way to scrappy.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

I'd say pcv valve is stuck. And it's a fiddly f**ker to get to as well.

Reactions: Welshquattro
Yea but haven't solved the issue. There shouldn't be a vacuum in the block. So I'd still check the pcv valve.

One thing to note if you do take it off to replace it. It's worth getting the hard plastic elbow that comes from the filter housing. As they go brittle and are easy to break as I found out.

I've had this same problem common symptoms of the pcv valve going is to much vacuum in the block you need to replace your pcv valve other wise running the car with too much vacuum in the block with start to blow out seals i.e. rocker cover seal, head gasket seal

Right. I`ll get that done ASAP than. Thanks for the info

Usually causes high idle speed as well and generally doesn't run very well. If you manage to remove the oil filler cap the engine will stall. Not difficult to change.

I do get some rough idle, sometimes is ok sometimes it goes up and down. Also when i rev it on idle it stays on high revs and goes down after few seconds.

I do get some rough idle, sometimes is ok sometimes it goes up and down. Also when i rev it on idle it stays on high revs and goes down after few seconds.
All will be well once you've changed it, I hated driving the car when that part had failed, so irritating.

so the new pcv 6 piece set arrived today. i had a quick look at it dose not look promising. There is so tight and hard access. Does this require removing anything prior to installation?

the main thing you need to change is the pcv valve under the manifold that will stop a lot of the problems what other valves do you have in the kit do you have a picture?

Its the valve and few hoses and a bend

does the valve look like this

Attachments

• 6421_x300.jpg
    6421_x300.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 132
yep thats the one you need to replace the pipe work id only replace if its split have a look around the pipe when changing the valve i think if you remove the screws holding the coolant bottle in place and move that to the side it gives you more room to get in there

Should i just replace the valve? It dose not look easy to replace all these.

yeh just replace the valve the pipe work should be ok mate

watch this i know its on a passat but same engine same location

Will do it in the morning. Hopefully this will sort out my ride.

Old vs new!

What a difference. Rpm`s go down nice and smooth and sit nicely on idle.
DSC 00531

It's not a major big job but makes all the improvements. The little flap inside doesn't sit flush causing all the problems. Glad your sorted

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

im thinking of replacing mine again soon, apparently they recommend it should be replaced every 10,000 on service the spring in the valve goes soft

im thinking of replacing mine again soon, apparently they recommend it should be replaced every 10,000 on service the spring in the valve goes soft
Damn. Well i just did full service as well. Need to add the valve to the list for next service than.

yer i would mate just to keep the performance of the valve up

I did almost 100.000 miles in my Passat 1.8t and never had to touch that valve, on the other hand, the Audi one went in the first 3 months!