Tyre Logo Painting - what do you think?

Yes or No?

• Total voters

NeilMc1983

Reaction score
Had some free time at work so I thought i'd play around with an old tyre from my A3.

What do you think? :)

23sut0j.jpg

snieuNF.jpg

Zz5c7ok.jpg

mzaJfR6.jpg

Can you add another option to the poll 'I should do something else with my free time ... at work'

Reactions: Scott_Crossley and S3Alex
One step away from the "shopping list" of parts on the side of the car.

I is race driver...

Reactions: RAG and CHEZ
What about white

White definitely suits a black car!

I've got a box of tyre painting pens in colours red, yellow, black (why?), white, green, blue, silver and gold.

I might clean off the P-Zero and put white on it, see what it's like now that I've seen that pic

On a Mustang or a Charger? Sure looks great, throw in some slot mags and a louvred back screen.

Not so sure it would suit a premium German hatchback though. :)

Reactions: RAG, Rog_B, enc and 3 others
As said, on the right car it looks kinda cool. If it's motorsports inspired with other graphics present it would finish it off nicely. On it's own with nothing else looks a bit out of place, though I do like the black one pictured above with it done in white, the S3 can pull it off :)

Reactions: RAG and NeilMc1983
As others have said on the right car with the right tyres it doesn't look too bad.

Front%20Corner%209b.jpg

But on the wrong car it looks sh**e. :unamused:

21073d1213414962-how-paint-tyre-sidewall-letters-30042008.jpg

Oh and fyi if anyone does want to paint the lettering on their tyres I do happen to know that a better way of doing it is by using Tred Wear letters.
Link: http://tredwear.com/

There is a professional trader on the "350Z UK" forum I'm a moderator on that can get these for you if you're interested. ;)

Reactions: NeilMc1983
Just horrible.

Fine if you are driving the General Lee but not on a premium ( dare I say classy) German automobile.

That's right up there on the " naffest thing you can do to a car" list.

Reactions: Jake 61, NeilMc1983 and S3Alex
When I was '18'. (1970's) We did that on our tyres.
Whats old is new.

Think I'm with the only on a 70's hot rod school of thought

I intend to do this on my other motor, a Toyota Celica GT-Four Carlos Sainz - car is dark grey with yellow wheels and will have a full livery in black, white and yellow. Yellow tyre markers seemed the logical thing to do, and it'll mean they're soft tyres, not medium ;)

looks good on the pirelli tyres, similar to their f1 design

These

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    766.1 KB · Views: 217
Reactions: Raiden