Slipping clutch?

Andrew_Bu

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone help me, please? COD 150 with DSG box, 13k miles. Gearbox feels slightly hesitant on pull away (I wouldn't say it judders) and there is an intermittent noise which I can only describe as a gentle screech. It still pulls through the gears fine after initial take off. Does it sound like a clutch issue?

Cheers,

Andrew

This sounds like the DSG squeal issue that others have reported (A3 & Golf). I assume you have the 7-speed dry box on the 150 1.4TFSI?

Had this on my Golf Mk7, flywheel and clutches replaced..... the noise came back after 8k miles.

Only seemed to do it when the gearbox got hot (town driving up and down the gears a lot).

This sounds like the DSG squeal issue that others have reported (A3 & Golf). I assume you have the 7-speed dry box on the 150 1.4TFSI?

Had this on my Golf Mk7, flywheel and clutches replaced..... the noise came back after 8k miles.

Only seemed to do it when the gearbox got hot (town driving up and down the gears a lot).

Hi Datastorm,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have the 7 speed. Should I bother taking it in then? It was really noticeable yesterday when I was stuck in traffic on a dual carriageway.

Cheers.

I'm not aware of a permanent fix for this issue. Like I said others have reported it on the forums for both Golf & A3 with the 7-speed box.

New clutches were installed on mine, but the noise came back..... others say the same thing too.

Whilst the car is under warranty it's covered, but obviously it's not manageable long term. I p/x'd mine in the end.

I haven't checked to see if a root cause and permanent fix has ever found, but you may find someone in one of the forums with newer news on this. Where it takes a few thousand miles to come back it's unknown for a while whether it's actually been cured or not.

I would certainly take it back to the main dealer though, there may be an advisory on it now?

Reactions: Andrew_Bu