My Sportbacks New Face

dmac800

Reaction score
Just fitted my new xenonz grille, love the new look.

Reactions: Jake 61, leshkin, Ollie2014 and 4 others
That looks sweeeeeeeet

Reactions: dmac800
...that looks very, very nice...where did you get it from, mate?

Simon

Looks cool mate i love it,very nice looking car btw in one of the best colours available imho.:yes:

did you just stick the s3 emblem on the grill or fasten?

I work in an engineering workshop so I made up a small clamp. I got a genuine S3 grille badge and cut and smoothed off the clip on the back and glued it to the clamp. The grille badges you get on ebay are too big I feel and I'm a stickler for detail lol.

Reactions: leshkin
I work in an engineering workshop so I made up a small clamp. I got a genuine S3 grille badge and cut and smoothed off the clip on the back and glued it to the clamp. The grille badges you get on ebay are too big I feel and I'm a stickler for detail lol.
That looks tidy! Do you have any pics of the clamp? I'd love to have my S3 badge back on the grill too.

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

That looks tidy! Do you have any pics of the clamp? I'd love to have my S3 badge back on the grill too.

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Hmm, I never took any pics and now its fitted I cant get to the back of it lol. I will try and explain what I did.
I got a piece of sheet stainless steel about 1mm thick and shaped it to the badge dimensions and drilled two holes about 20mm apart in it and countersunk them to accept an M4 stainless countersunk screw which was then tack welded and dressed off. I then made the other half of the clamp out of the same material about 10mm x 40mm and drilled two holes to match the other bit. I just glued the badge onto the clamp and secured it to the grille with two M4 nylock nuts. Hope that makes some sense lol.

Reactions: leshkin
Cool, that gave me ideas on how to get my badge attached with thing I already have lying around!