3 Door 8P 1.9Tdi 18' 225/40/18 Tire pressure ?

DjDvr

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been looking for the recommended tire pressure for the 1.9Tdi 3 door chassis running on 18' with 225/40/18 tires.

On the fuel cap there is only an indication up to 17'.
On Continentals website (Running Contact Sport 5) they say a 2.5 front and 2.4 back but on the other hand I just asked at Audi in Germany and they say 2.8 front with 2.5 back and running 3.0 front and back with a full car.

Is someone running 18' on an 1.9Tdi that can share their Tire Pressure or does someone with an 1.9Tdi have the 18' listed on the fuel door ?

Cheers,

Check the sticker on the inside edge of the drivers door. It should tell you the correct tyre pressures for your tyre size and rating etc. I know for my 2012 A3 S Line Black Edition TDI 170 with the same size tyres as yours it says 42 psi front and 36 psi rear with normal load. Think that works out to about 3 bar front and 2.5 bar rear. Check the sticker on your car.

Thanks for the reply.
I looked everywhere but since it's a 03 8p there was no 18' available then so no indication.
I am running 2.7 on the front and 2.4 in the rear for now and it seems to be ok.

I do 36 front and 34 rear don't know if that's too less but it seems fine lol

Check the sticker on the inside edge of the drivers door. It should tell you the correct tyre pressures for your tyre size and rating etc. I know for my 2012 A3 S Line Black Edition TDI 170 with the same size tyres as yours it says 42 psi front and 36 psi rear with normal load. Think that works out to about 3 bar front and 2.5 bar rear. Check the sticker on your car.

Same as what mine says but it's too high in my opinion. Audi engineers smoking something again lol.

I run 38 PSI front and 36 PSI rear.

My 2006 2.0 TDi S Line Sportback has 18" factory alloys (225/40 18) and the sticker inside the fuel flap says for up to 100mph and a light load 32psi front and 28psi rear.
After reading this thread (and a good search on this website and Google) this seems to be a tad low....
Not sure if I should up the pressures a bit?....

My 2006 2.0 TDi S Line Sportback has 18" factory alloys (225/40 18) and the sticker inside the fuel flap says for up to 100mph and a light load 32psi front and 28psi rear.
After reading this thread (and a good search on this website and Google) this seems to be a tad low....
Not sure if I should up the pressures a bit?....

That, to me seems a little less id defo increase the pressure to at least 36/38 front and 34/36 rear.

Thanks.
As I've just fitted some Continental tyres to the car I checked their website and for the A3 TDi they listed pressures of 36 front and 33 rear.
Think I'll do some adjusting and see how things go....

Tyre pressures 8p

Thank you for all the replies.
I am running 2.6 front and 2.4 rear now and it seems to be ok.
I think I will bump it up to 2.7 or 2.8 in the front as I feel a bit of a wobble when cornering hard :) try and see if that sorts it out a bit.