Catch can question

Gonzokew

Reaction score
hi all,

About to get rid of the pvc system.

Where are people getting there catch cans from? Looking for a good however the saikou michi ones on eBay are £130 which is a little steep. Any other suppliers?

Also after a lot of research I'm still not 100% whether to vent to tip or atmosphere. What are people saying?

Thanks in advance

If you're venting to atmosphere, buy the cheapest catch can you find that has the correct sized inlets.

If you're venting to the TIP ideally you want baffled catch can, so they will cost more.

For what it's worth, I vent to atmos.

If you're venting to atmosphere, buy the cheapest catch can you find that has the correct sized inlets.

If you're venting to the TIP ideally you want baffled catch can, so they will cost more.

For what it's worth, I vent to atmos.

Not this... Make sure the can has sufficient 19mm inlets, but it must also have a large enough outlet otherwise it'll create excessive crank case pressure and smokey idling...

I had this issue after fitting my ebay catch can, as have a few others). Although it had 2 x 19mm inlets, on further investigation the inside diameter of the single outlet was just 8mm!?!?! Here's what I did to rectify, I introduce the UBER can:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/ebay-catch-can-to-Über-catch-can-the-pikey-way.255784/

Not this... Make sure the can has sufficient 19mm inlets, but it must also have a large enough outlet otherwise it'll create excessive crank case pressure and smokey idling...

I had this issue after fitting my ebay catch can, as have a few others). Although it had 2 x 19mm inlets, on further investigation the inside diameter of the single outlet was just 8mm!?!?! Here's what I did to rectify, I introduce the UBER can:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/ebay-catch-can-to-Über-catch-can-the-pikey-way.255784/

lol 8mm outlet? what a stupid design.

I just made my own so it fits where I want it to :)