OEM DAB+ Tuner, what part number(s)?

SJ

Reaction score
Good evening all, after hours of searching I can't find a definitive list of which oem MMI 3G DAB tuners also support the newer DAB+ format and it's driving me mad...

I believe that the correct part number is 4G0 035 061 but I'm not sure if all of the software revisions support both DAB and the newer DAB+ format. Does anyone know if there is a list out there somewhere? If not then would any people who have support for DAB+ in their cars perhaps mind posting the details of their radio module up please?

Many thanks in advance!
Si.

Your bang on right I just done same don't worry about soft versions buddy
2013 MMI 3G without to
2013 MMI 3G with dab

You also need aerial and fakra calve to connect it

If you swap your eeprom from old device to new one you don't need to worry about component protection either

That part number is correct for the DAB module, but it goes hand in hand with a 3G+ head unit, not sure how well it will cope with a 3G High unit (I am assuming thats what you have).

Also not too sure about DAB+, but I am getting some 'Trial London' stations and 'SDL' which I think are DAB+, dont know if there is a way to tell if the channel is DAB+ or just DAB.

Thanks both for the replies :)

I've taken a punt on 4G0035061N, when I first wired it in, the mmi (3g high as amafzal88 rightly guessed) wouldn't boot up but after coding the unit and the correcting the svm it seems so far to be compatible. I'm hopefully getting component protection removed tomorrow so should be able to confirm if it's truely compatible after that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If I am not wrong the part number for the 3G unit would be 4F0 035 061 but do let us know if the 3G + unit works with your set up.

So, VW Germany won't authorise removal of component protection due to the module not officially having shipped in my year of car. I didn't realise it was any more involved than them checking the unit wasn't stolen so that's a pain. Sarah how did you go about swapping your eeprom accross? I may look into getting that done rather than give in and return the tuner

Sorry let me rephrase a little, did you physically transfer the eeprom chip from old tuner to the new one or read the data and copy to the new one?

They can remove CP at a dealer but needs to be done by Guided Fault Finding rather than SVM.

Have spoken with VWAudiTec who attempted to remove the cp for me, they've advised me that it was guided fault finding that was used. The report I have does state that svm detected the control unit was not compatible though...

9c82d68a6785f39d7af160c645d64114.jpg
e0d3c34e5dfc74f83f7144f2045826e5.jpg

The first picture suggested they used Guided Fault Finding but the work steps look more like SVM was used as it's asking them to input an SVM code to update the car on the Audi database.

Thats how I would read it too, they've stated that guided fault finding is just yes and no questions that brings them to the point of the second photo, no other way of doing it. Maybe I'll ring Audi themselves for their take on it, afterall people have managed to retrofit a the whole mmi3g+ into older cars, I only want the tuner!

Well doing a whole MMI 3g+ into an older car is easier since you are replacing all relevant components with new ones that are compatible with each other, but trying to make a 3G+ compatible with older is slightly different, however it does seem like @sarah1331 has done it so possibility is not to be ruled out.

Thats how I would read it too, they've stated that guided fault finding is just yes and no questions that brings them to the point of the second photo, no other way of doing it. Maybe I'll ring Audi themselves for their take on it, afterall people have managed to retrofit a the whole mmi3g+ into older cars, I only want the tuner!

Audi themselves will have no interest as you didn't buy the part from them and with SVM they make retrofitting extremely hard work.

I would ask to speak to the master tech at the dealer.

Sorry for the lack of updates, this took a back seat thanks to the arrival of my son :) now that things have settled a little I've had the chance to quickly play around with swapping the rom coding and have overcome component protection, so I'm pleased to report the unit is functional of sorts...

The only thing I can tell that isn't right is it isn't listing the stations properly at the moment but as it scrolls through them on the tuner I've just saved my favourites to the memory for now. I've lent my vcds out at the moment so will have a play and clear the codes at a later date.

Many thanks everyone for your helpful input along the way :)

Sorry to bother you guys.
If I wanted to fit dab to my a4 3g mmi. I just need an aerial and The above module?

2011 61 plate and it's the 3G without hdd or the joy stick.