Clicking Clutch

Mr Jolly

Reaction score
Hi

My clutch clicks on every movement. Even when in neutral. Video here :

I've seen a few posts about it but they never seem to be resolved.

Any advice would be great fully received.

Mr J

Video is private, try spraying white grease or wd40, not sure if they fixed the pedal design from the 8L

Oh know, how to do make the video public??

Mine does that as well, never thought of "fixing" it, the sound is very annoying though...

There is an over-centre action in the A3 clutch...

It could be the mechanism "clicking" in and out of position....

I know its really uncomfortable, but if you can lay on your back and stick your head in the footwell and press the clutch back and forth, you will get a better view than from where your video shows... Inspect the over-centre spring and where the master cylinder pushrod engages the pedal.

In the interest of having a solution here for people who might experience the same problem in the future...

Have you resolved what was wrong??

Sry for delay, been working away all week, away from the car. I can see the spring and the noise appears to be coming from the bottom of the Spring. I would need to remove the plastic cover which I'll try tomorrow and let you know, to get a better view.

I assume it is a switch that is recongining when the clutch is engaged or disengaged. With the stop / start on when I lift up the clutch, the clicks happens then the engine cuts.

Hopely it is resolveable as it is mighty annoying.

Any luck? This is proper doing my head.....it was doing it ages ago then stopped ...but been doing it again for ages now

2013 A3, new to me and Im new to Audi, Just started doing this , seemed to be intermittent and eased once warmed up , any suggestions , its annoying and want to make sure nothing serious ? Thanks in advance